Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pro fisherman murdered

Unforgettable

Pro fisherman murdered

A pro fisherman from Texas was in Jackson, Ms on Sunday nite to get ready for a major tourney this week. Stayed at a motel 6 with his wife in the city...a no no...when a 17 yr old black tried to steal something off the mans $60,000 boat and shot and killed the man.

Very sad that a man loses his life, a woman loses her husband and a 17 yr old loses his future over trying to steal something from a fisherman who probably had all the valuable things in his room

Re: Pro fisherman murdered

How incredibly horrible.

I have been tempted, at many times in my life, to save a few bucks at a hotel. I don't mind staying some place sparse or downright puritan. But safe is kinda a big deal.

By no means am I blaming the deceased, however. Just incredibly horrible, tragic and sad. God bless them.

I don't blame him either but parking a $60K boat at a Motel 6, in urban Jackson to boot, showed a faith in people I do not share. Sounds like the guy also confronted this person and did so unarmed. It was a risk to even stay in that hotel, but parking the boat there was foolhardy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

These guys are on the road for weeks and try to save where they can ..however I would have thought he would have contacted some of the locals to find out where the safe places are to stay at a good price. There are inexpensive hotels just as close to the water but in safe bedroom towns. Where he was would be like staying at a cheap place in the 9 th ward in New Orleans.

That kid had no idea what anything on that boat was or the worth.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't blame him either but parking a $60K boat at a Motel 6, in urban Jackson to boot, showed a faith in people I do not share. Sounds like the guy also confronted this person and did so unarmed. It was a risk to even stay in that hotel, but parking the boat there was foolhardy.