Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: This is amazing!

Unforgettable

Re: This is amazing!

It is amazing

Hard to beat mother nature's planning isn't it.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It is Dan! I read some time back that someone had found some corn seed in a pyramid and planted some of it and it came up.

UK did a study many years ago about how many weed seeds were in different soil layers. They started out at 1 to 3 inches deep, 3 to 6, then 6 to 12, 12-18 and 18 to 24 inches. They sifted the dirt and collected all the seeds. They knew that the particular tract of land had been undisturbed for over 200 years. They did not carbon date the different strata, but one would have to assume that the seeds at a depth of 2 feet had been their a long long time. They germinated them and voila got a 71 % germination and survival rate.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The way my place grows weeds, you could probably dig down 2 feet and find weed seeds that have been extinct for thousands of years and probably get 99% germination. It's a constant battle keeping them down.

That being said, it's pretty amazing to me that anything as small as a weed seed can lie there that long and when the conditions get right, they germinate and bring forth life.

Word has it they used this fish remains to fertilize it

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

That's one ugly fish Doc!