Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite App Suggestions

Bombino

Re: Favorite App Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Wow, old thread! I like to see what we were into way back when.

The Sky Motion app I liked in 2013 got sold to AccuWeather which basically killed it. I bought another (Dark Sky) which basically does the same thing. But I heard it just got bought by Apple so I expect that will go away at some point. The Weather Channel app now does a real-time precipitation alert and it works pretty well, so I'll probably just go with that once Apple kills off Dark Sky.
    Check out Shadow Weather, it was recommended to me as a DarkSky replacement and so far it fits the bill very well. It also has an intersting thing where you can watch a video and get 24h of the pro features. Great for when you absolutely need them.

^Thanks for the tip--I'll check it out.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Wow, old thread! I like to see what we were into way back when.

The Sky Motion app I liked in 2013 got sold to AccuWeather which basically killed it. I bought another (Dark Sky) which basically does the same thing. But I heard it just got bought by Apple so I expect that will go away at some point. The Weather Channel app now does a real-time precipitation alert and it works pretty well, so I'll probably just go with that once Apple kills off Dark Sky.

There's a bird-watching app (Merlin Bird) I mentioned in another thread and it's fun.

Now that I'm working from home I'm using Google Voice to speak with clients without them having access to my actual cell number. It has lots of good features and I'm pleased with it.

I've got 6 list-making apps plus the actual iPhone Lists app and none of them really do what I want them to do, but the closest for me is Any.do.

The game I'm into the most right now on my phone is Golf Clash. I probably play it more than I should.
    What is with companies buying my favorite weather apps and killing them? AccuWeather bought Sky Motion and killed it. Apple bought Dark Sky and is killing it, effective Sunday.

Anyone have any weather apps they like (besides Weather Channel, Accuweather or Apple Weather)?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Favorite App Suggestions

I use My Radar….works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Favorite App Suggestions

Heading to Nashville and The Music City Bowl in a few minutes, so I can't contribute now. But cool to see the old apps and think about how things have changed (or not.)

Weather Underground is a passable App.

There are reversal Youtube sites have quality forecasts, radar, weather maps. but none of them are Apps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udmD9PlOWUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY3Ehw7_4Sg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pykAA1hpWLw
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

Favorite App Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Weather Underground is a passable App.

There are reversal Youtube sites have quality forecasts, radar, weather maps. but none of them are Apps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udmD9PlOWUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY3Ehw7_4Sg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pykAA1hpWLw
    Weather Underground went to hell when AccuWeather aquired them. I'll check out the channels you linked. There are some great "freelance" weather people out there.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I mostly use NOAA Weather Free on android. it's just a NOAA weather feed wrapper, gives a nicer interface to their feed, which I presume is XML of some format. It has their 7 day forecast, special notices, the hourly charts and their radar feed.

Nothing fancy, esp. the radar, but passable.

I agree on Weather Underground, was a tremendous app and site that got all messed up.

My take on weather apps is that if you can't compete just buy them up and close them up. It worked for US Steel I suppose.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I ended up going with an app called Hello Weather which does a lot of what Dark Sky did, albeit with more of a cartoony interface.

The downside: they're using the Dark Sky API, which remains active through March. They say they'll switch to another one, so I'll see come April.

Rupp's Runt

tornado app on iphone is handy. It is white with red tornado on it.

You can set a perimeter for tornado warnings in your area and you can also set it so you are only woken up by tornado warnings. I don't need to get woke up at 3:00 am for flash flood watch.