Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitment

Re: TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitm

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    That happens in KY as well. Remember the Scotty Hopson/Darius Miller HS senior year? Hopson was a consensus 5-Star guy and a McDs All American. Darius was good as well but the prevailing national opinion was that Hopson was the best player from the state. Darius committed to UK early and that pretty much sealed the Mr Basketball award for him.

Now in hindsight, there is no doubt Darius was the better player IMO.
    In actually watching the two of them play, there was never any doubt that Miller was the better high school player, IMO. I said that on the board many times before their senior season. Hopson was a classic highlight reel player and that's what got him ranked so highly -- all the athletic ability in the world. When it actually came to playing a real, non-AAU high school game with real offense and defense, though, Hopson just wouldn't do anything. Didn't play defense. Wouldn't participate in the offensive sets. It was like watching one guy play a pick up game while everyone else around him was playing a real game. He got most/all of his points by getting the ball high and isolating on an inferior high school defender.

The process might very well have been political, but there were plenty of people on the state high school scene saying Miller was the better player even before he committed to Kentucky.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Re: TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitm

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Ten View Post
    We actually likely have more than one commitment.....Cal plays this game strategically.....he has done it before i.e. ask "commits" to delay announcing.....and, he is likely doing it now
    That is exactly my thought as well. Just wanted to see what others thought.
    ~Puma~