Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitment

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitment

Won't be made public for a week to 3 weeks but several are convinced it has indeed happened. The general
    feeling is that it is Booker but he still has an official to his Dad's alma mater (Missouri) the 2nd week of October.
    Booker would be a great get; ranked #16 and a 5* by ESPN. Won the 3 point shooting contest recently by
    drilling 18-25, 19-25 and 18-25 (55-75 overall in 3 minutes).

The word is he is a very high character kid too.

We may end with Ulis, Booker, Oubre and Johnson as our guards/wings.

Darryl

Re: TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitm

I think Cal wants Blackmon also, so he can play the one. Read that elsewhere.

Re: TIFWIW But Multiple Reliable Posters (Elsewhere) Reporting UK Has Another Commitm

I've seen the same thing. Like you, my guess, and it's only a guess, is that it's Booker. I hope so. There are more highly rated players, but it's always great to have a shooter of his caliber.

I think that it may be Trey Lyles. Cal had an in-home visit with him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    I think Cal wants Blackmon also, so he can pay the one. Read that elsewhere.
    Great. more rumors about us paying players.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Based solely on Docs eye witness reports on Booker, I hope he lands elsewhere. He sounds like a Wiltjer type spot up and wait for the ball type shooter
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

7 Time Ky Sportswriter
    of the Year

Just talked to Booker's coach. Cal did not make recent in-home visit like other coaches. Could be due to Booker already commiting. Cold be due to Blackmon committing.who knows

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Great. more rumors about us paying players.
    I fixed it. Lol

I thought the word following the alumni game was that Booker and Ulis both committed on the visit?

Fab Five

My guess is that whoever it is he's not very good. You know, because all the really good players are going to Kansas.

Apparently, this guy says it will be Blackmon.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    I fixed it. Lol
    Cover up! Cover up! Typical Kentucky and Cal!
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

That would be a nice get if true, D. I love getting the twofer of having another legacy player and incensing the evil horde. I particularly liked Doc's assessment of his shooting prowess and the ability to create his own shot. Hope it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    That would be a nice get if true, D. I love getting the twofer of having another legacy player and incensing the evil horde. I particularly liked Doc's assessment of his shooting prowess and the ability to create his own shot. Hope it pans out.
    IIRC, Blackmon shot 54% from the floor, 48% on 3s and 90% on FTs his junior season. Ulis shoots 89% on FTs and 41% from 3.

I love that shooting!!

Darryl

I really hope it's Blackmon. Great shooter who can play some point and that gives Cal the flexibility to sign two of the three of Booker, Oubre and Johnson. Or all three even. I'd be okay with that.

If it is Blackmon, what is holding up an announcement?
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Does he have any in-homes left? Other than that if it really is him then I'd guess its just the same as whatever is always holding these things up for a brief time.

According to Larry's conversation with Booker's coach, Booker is visiting Mizzou on 10/19. That's four weeks from now. So, he wouldn't really fit in the 1-3 week timeline for going public.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

I am ok with Booker being a spot shooter if he has good lateral movement and can play defense. Wiltjer's main liability was on the defensive end of the court. If his shot wasn't falling he brought NOTHING to the court. If Booker can d it up - then bring him on!!
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    He has to live in Indiana between now and next May would be my guess as to why he might want to keep it quiet, though just waiting 3 weeks nixes that theory if that's really the timetable. I like barrister's idea of it being to deal with visits or similar if it really happens in a few weeks. I also never discount Cal wanting to time it to maximize exposure of it or time with another recruit in some way. Will probably get more air time if we get it closer to the season starting as basketball coverage picks up. All just swags.

If I'm living in IN and a former IU commit the LAST thing I would want to do is announce going to UK prior to the season. Mr Basketball out the window and redneck IU fans booing and spitting on me during games. Heck if I was those guys I would wait to announce in April.

Fiddlin' Five

We actually likely have more than one commitment.....Cal plays this game strategically.....he has done it before i.e. ask "commits" to delay announcing.....and, he is likely doing it now

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    If I'm living in IN and a former IU commit the LAST thing I would want to do is announce going to UK prior to the season. Mr Basketball out the window and redneck IU fans booing and spitting on me during games. Heck if I was those guys I would wait to announce in April.
    Me, too.

Cal may want JBJ to hold off so Self has to divert energy and resources on him. This will
    allow Cal to go 100% after the other KU target, Oubre.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Me, too.
    If I was living in Indiana...I would move.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    If I was living in Indiana...I would move.

Darryl
    If you or I were living in Indiana, the state IQ would double!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Going back to the late 1980s when Shawn Kemp was playing high school ball, Indiana's Mr. Basketball became very political. Rarely has a player picked an out of state school and earned the award.

Shouldn't Trey Lyles win Mr Basketball?

Unforgettable

Much better than KW, he does play some defense and can move his feet

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Based solely on Docs eye witness reports on Booker, I hope he lands elsewhere. He sounds like a Wiltjer type spot up and wait for the ball type shooter

That happens in KY as well. Remember the Scotty Hopson/Darius Miller HS senior year? Hopson was a consensus 5-Star guy and a McDs All American. Darius was good as well but the prevailing national opinion was that Hopson was the best player from the state. Darius committed to UK early and that pretty much sealed the Mr Basketball award for him.

Now in hindsight, there is no doubt Darius was the better player IMO.

I'd announce via phone once I crossed into Kentucky with the stuff going in my dorm room, not a second before.