Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: JazyD, Dan....what do you think of this?

JazyD, Dan....what do you think of this?

I don't have time to watch the videos this morning, but intend to tonight or at lunch.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/form...throw-115-mph/

Unforgettable

Re: JazyD, Dan....what do you think of this?

I wonder about control after watching the pitchers head, he totally loses sight of the target almost immediately. Also think f any ball hit at him, he won't see it . Guys are throwing faster now, look how many are in the high 90's . Would we really want 115 mph pitchers, it would ruin the offense IMO.

If it was that good, as the story says why isn't anyone in college or pros throwing that way. Any mgr would love a pitcher that threw that fast consistently so I am not convinced it works. His screwball didnt have much movement

Mike Marshall is a genius. I remember when he pitched for the Dodgers, when he came in from the bullpen it was over. He was used prolifically and without injury, so he knows what he's talking about. Hard to say if what he's suggesting will take hold but if it does, I can see the leveling the mound and moving the rubber back from the plate a few feet. I enjoy good pitching but, as in most sports, offense is what brings in the crowd.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

What do I think? That is just plain weird looking, and I question whether he would have consistent ball placement. I did see some of the pitches soar up and out of camera range Put me behind the catcher in the normal umpires position, in full body armor, for 2 or 3 hundred pitches and I will let you know what I think.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable

tought the same thing dan.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    What do I think? That is just plain weird looking, and I question whether he would have consistent ball placement. I did see some of the pitches soar up and out of camera range Put me behind the catcher in the normal umpires position, in full body armor, for 2 or 3 hundred pitches and I will let you know what I think.

Freshman

Wouldn't that be hard to do out of the stretch?

Look at Chapman from cincy, he is 6'5" with a long reach as well. When he throws that 105 mph fastball that is already 15" closer to the batter because of his size.

Have now seen it. My major issues are control and protection. I would bunt him silly, too.

Sent using Forum Runner

From another former catcher, it is a bit disconcerting to see the pitcher not "look" the ball in the glove; for his safety as well as that is what we were taught. We were taught to keep our eye on the ball at all times and they can't do that with this method. Not saying it is wrong but it looks weird. Love the old film strip voice (Your testes and You) and like you, I would tell my hitters who could not his his "whatever" to bunt the hell out of him and see what happens.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Unforgettable

[that is z3 former catchers counting myself that do not like it. A lefty ays down a bunt down third who is fast may end up st 2 nd

QUOTE=BigBluePappy;110415]From another former catcher, it is a bit disconcerting to see the pitcher not "look" the ball in the glove; for his safety as well as that is what we were taught. We were taught to keep our eye on the ball at all times and they can't do that with this method. Not saying it is wrong but it looks weird. Love the old film strip voice (Your testes and You) and like you, I would tell my hitters who could not his his "whatever" to bunt the hell out of him and see what happens.[/QUOTE]