Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: OT: Ky Concealed Carry Class

OT: Ky Concealed Carry Class

Wouldn't normally do this, but I've had 4-5 people on here ask about taking a concealed carry class for their Kentucky carry permit which I teach. So I don't miss anyone I'm putting it in a thread. I've gotten a deal worked out with a range so I can have the classes pretty much any day/time I want so I'm having them again, this one is Sunday September 8th. I put an ad at the top of the site page with the link to details and such.

Normally I wouldn't do a thread, but I don't want to miss the folks who have been asking me about it b/c I may not remember everyone. We will be adding some ads to the site in those locations and on the "Swap Meet" board, but not as threads.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: OT: Ky Concealed Carry Class

Do you serve beer in the class?

Re: OT: Ky Concealed Carry Class

No drinking before the shooting, but afterward when the guns are put away I can almost guarantee there will be an adult beverage for the instructor, anyone else is welcome to join me.

It actually says in the course book you can't have imbibed within 24 hours of shooting for the class. 24 seems to be silly, but no one has shown up drunk or hungover yet.

I recently had a glimmer into how some of these classes are done in Ky, and some of them are pretty unprofessional. Everyone involved was pretty irresponsible, took it in a very joking way. There's some fun to be had in the class, we do shoot guns after all, but I treat it professionally and so far so have those who have taken the class with me. I know that strays from your post a bit, but this situation I saw a couple weeks ago struck me how some of these are being conducted, and frankly the qualifications of those conducting them.

I do my whole class off Powerpoint. I have no idea how else you do it in a concise fashion. This guy I swear to you would not know what Powerpoint was or what I was talking about. He knows guns, but not the material. I imagine he's not alone out there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    No drinking before the shooting, but afterward when the guns are put away I can almost guarantee there will be an adult beverage for the instructor, anyone else is welcome to join me. .

Reasonable compromise.

Sent using Forum Runner