Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: AGT, who watches, who wins?

AGT, who watches, who wins?

I love the show. I only watch 2 of these reality competition shows (project runway is the other). I love AGT because of the act variety. So tonight they whittle down to 12. One of my favorites is Jimmy Rose who is one of the singers from Kentucky. I'm not a country guy but I like him a lot. I also like Brandon James but not sure he moves on. Overall I think the winner will be catapult but than last year I thought the guy who turn radio city into a giant instrument would win. Instead it was a dog act
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

Re: AGT, who watches, who wins?

I like the show, glad jimmy moved on. I like the two guys who combine comedy with incredible strength. The 3 singers are also outstanding

I watch it so much I had to think a minute to figure out what "AGT" meant.

Not judging, my wife Tivos it, just not my cup of tea. Right now I'm watching every episode of the greatest TV show ever made, Firefly, over and over. I'm a man of habit that way.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I give--what is AGT?

EDIT--nevermind, I figured it out. Not going to tell anybody, though, that doesn't know. If there is such another person.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-05-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I watch it so much I had to think a minute to figure out what "AGT" meant.

Not judging, my wife Tivos it, just not my cup of tea. Right now I'm watching every episode of the greatest TV show ever made, Firefly, over and over. I'm a man of habit that way.

I "BINGE WATCH" too. Right now I'm binge watching "That 70's Show". Watched 3 seasons in just over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I give--what is AGT?

EDIT--nevermind, I figured it out. Not going to tell anybody, though, that doesn't know. If there is such another person.
    AGT = America's Got Talent. Was glad to see Jimmy Rose move on. No surprises last PM although I'd have preferred the young girl move on over the young dancers. Their dance moves are somewhat repeatative and I'm sick of them asking if they are 1) going to get back together and 2) about his sister who didn't make it.

I'm not a fan of the 2 guys (the Kristoff brothers) that Jazy refs above. I figured when he showed the collapsing sword, it might swayed them off the show. I figured the Chicago boys would move on since the guy broke his leg, folks feel for them. I was also hoping Timber Brown moved on but his performance the other night wasn't good. Last show though was crazy good with him in the ball.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

I was disappointed in Timber Brown also, felt he went backward. Liked the 11 yr old girl much better, more talented and will go further in a career. The two brothers remind of some of the Circus Soleil acts in Vegas.

Wow, my pick got thru. Kentucky boy Jimmy Rose moved on. Shocking though the best act in the competition didn't (Catapult Entertainment). Final 6 include a magician, a country singer, a pop musician, a comedian, an opera trio and a dancer. Good mix.

I think this performance is what sold me on Rose

Last edited by Doc; 09-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.

The two singers are both very good but apples and oranges with pop and country. Country is very hot right now and he'll be hard to beat. With a little work I could see the magician in the Vegas scene but he aint no Copperfield or Chris Angel, dancers never win but this guy is more than just a dancer very innovative, and then the comedian not sure if he can out vote the singers. Regardless all six finalist will be starting their new careers at seasons end.

I personally like the pop singer.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I was shocked the magician made it over the Catapult. I was sure the pop singer (Cami) would as well as Forte and Kenichi. Tonight was really only for 3 spots although at nights start I thought it would be for 2 spots with the fourth shoo in being Catapult Entertainment.

Unforgettable

I wanted the brothers in, liked their routine, surprised on entertainment for sure. Glad ky boy made it, second time for a ky boy to make finals

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I wanted the brothers in, liked their routine, surprised on entertainment for sure. Glad ky boy made it, second time for a ky boy to make finals
    I though the routine the other night looked cheesy. Its wasn't funny except on a very juvenile level. I love juvenile humor but compared to the other acts, it failed.
    Some real talent went home last night. Brandon james was one who is very good who didn't move forward as well. Think he was a victim of Forte.
    Last edited by Doc; 09-12-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Was glad to see the two kids act go home (the cheerleader/dance troupe and the ballroom dancers). I'm just not a kid act fan. I didn't think the Chicago boyz would move on. I do love the comedian. His best stuff is after his performance. I think he is a dark horse

Unforgettable

IMO they should have a separate division for kids acts, they are not going to have a place in Vegas, period so give them cash reward and be done with it. The Cher group were really good with what they do but would anyone pay to see it in Vegas

The comedian is the dark horse, the 3 singers will get contracts win or lose, so will Jimmy Rose

QUOTE=Doc;108883]Was glad to see the two kids act go home (the cheerleader/dance troupe and the ballroom dancers). I'm just not a kid act fan. I didn't think the Chicago boyz would move on. I do love the comedian. His best stuff is after his performance. I think he is a dark horse[/QUOTE]

If I look at each act:

Collins Key-the magician. His tricks are all similar, just presented in a different manner. He did make a bit of a slip that wasn't caught on Wed. He also has to clean up his act a bit. I think he is the long shot to win. I give him 10% chance

Cami Bradley-pop singer. Beautiful voice and beautiful lady (love her eyes). Can really sing but I don't see her taking it all. I put her at 12.5%

Jimmy Rose-He has such a pure voice and its about his voice. I'm not a fan of performances where lights are here, there and everywhere, with fire and sparks etc. He sits there, plays his guitar and sings. Still I think he is in the same group as Cami and won't win it all. Also 12.5% chance of winning.

Tyler Williamson-his improv comedy is better than his routine. He cracked me up when he went back at Heidi who was critical because his show was not kid appropriate He noted that she pranced around in undies which also isn't child appropriate... plus how he handled MelB's neg critique the other night was classic. Comedians have it tough though because most comedians build a performance so limited to 90 seconds is very tough. I'll give him a 15% shot.

Kenichi Ebina-is the judges favorite and don't discount their influence with the voters. Ebina is original and he is very innovative. None of his performances are the same. I put him at 24.9%

Forte-Odds on favorite to win IMO. Such powerful voices and have a good story. Opera singers usually fizzle here because most voters don't relate to opera however these guys are fairly hip and they don't strictly hold to the genre with their song selection (nobody likes to hear songs they don't understand because its in Italian). I say 25.1% chance of winning.

Regardless who wins, all will make it on some level. Plus any and all are better than last years winner. Last year I was peeved because I spent the year watching and that stupid dog act won.
    Last edited by Doc; 09-12-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Unforgettable

Don't discount the solo singers, we have had two males win in hte past that no one gave a chance and that young girl who came in second two years ago.

Forte, I love their story and voices.

Magician guy, not a chance

The comedian, pretty cool, all depends on the age of those voting and the sex of the voters. Young girls, Jimmy Rose just might win. Older adults, the comedian has a great chance.

#6 Camy - didn't see that coming
    #5 Magician - should have been 6th
    #4 Forte - great voices but should have been 5th
    #3 Jimmy Rose - no matter he's going to sell records after this (CMA's best new artist)
    #2 Comedian - the guy is funny

...and the winner is Kenichi!! - can't argue
    Last edited by blueboss; 09-18-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

After last night's performances, I had my final four of Forte, Williamson, Kenichi and Cami with the winner being Williamson over Kenichi. However I'm not disgusted like I was last year when that stupid dog act won.

Unforgettable

Boss I disagree on Forte, as far as our talent they have the most and will rob ably make the most money long term
    Surprised on Camy
    Surprise at winner
    Jimmy will do very well
    I really looked at each as to whether I would sit for an hour to watch them perform a show

QUOTE=blueboss;110292]#6 Camy - didn't see that coming
    #5 Magician - should have been 6th
    #4 Forte - great voices but should have been 5th
    #3 Jimmy Rose - no matter he's going to sell records after this (CMA's best new artist)
    #2 Comedian - the guy is funny

...and the winner is Kenichi!! - can't argue[/QUOTE]

In the order of who I would go sit for an hour and watch would be :

#1 Comedian/Kinichi
    #2 Camy
    #3 Probably card guy which is because I'm not a huge country fan, but also the card guy's show would have to get more dazzle which I'm guessing that's the only way he's ever going to have a show.
    #4 Forte (comp tickets)

Most folks don't get Opera. I don't. Thats why they typically don't win. Still I thought they (Forte) would overcome that.

^ Agreed, but it's easy to recognize the talent and when Jackie Evano (sp) was on a couple of years ago there was no doubt she was going to win. Opera should be reserved for the opera and to go and watch an opera singer perform on stage as a solo act you do have to "get it" I too, don't really get it.

Unforgettable

[
    I don't get it but I enjoyed those 3 guys, tremendous talent and will make a lot of money. Lime the comedian and felt he would win when it got down to 3. I wouldn't want to watch kinichi for a hour. Loved Jimmy Rose and pay to see him. I think a forte can sing more than just opera

QUOTE=Doc;110410]Most folks don't get Opera. I don't. Thats why they typically don't win. Still I thought they (Forte) would overcome that.[/QUOTE]