Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Kentucky Men's Basketball Official 2013-2014 Roster Posted

The 2013-2014 roster was officially posted this morning and everyone is accounted for. It's going to be a good year.

Attachment 2637

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...askbl-mtt.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Kentucky Men's Basketball Official 2013-2014 Roster Posted

No shortage of bodies for practice anyway

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I hope that Larry was able to get this as part of his Blue Ribbon story.

Just speculating but I really think until all the players had been admitted to UK, that there was no way that the roster would be released.

I do believe that Young's letter and possilby other letters from UK admissions with similar language sent in August kept UK from giving the roster for his story.

Glad to see the list.

Have we ever had Nos. 00, 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 all on the same roster before?
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Ky doesn't ever release a full roster until school starts.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Ben Roberts says Dakari Johnson is first player listed as a Center during the Cal era:

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/201...uding-numbers/

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    Ky doesn't ever release a full roster until school starts.
    And sometimes it is a week or so after school starts.

How did we miss the EJ Floreal recruitment?
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    How did we miss the EJ Floreal recruitment?
    It was on the board in June when he announced he was walking on.

Sure is a big roster for a coach who 4 years ago declared a general disdain for having more than 10 or so kids on a team and in 2011 talked about only working with 7-8 of them. I find the number of "walk on" guys most interesting of all. Polson's earned his spot, but that Cal would add walk ons even with this very full roster of top talent is an interesting contrast to when he arrived IMO.

That's not a criticism either. One of Cal's biggest strengths as a coach is that he doesn't tie his ego up in his decisions about how to do things. He's very adaptive, is always looking for a better way.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Sure is a big roster for a coach who 4 years ago declared a general disdain for having more than 10 or so kids on a team and in 2011 talked about only working with 7-8 of them. I find the number of "walk on" guys most interesting of all. Polson's earned his spot, but that Cal would add walk ons even with this very full roster of top talent is an interesting contrast to when he arrived IMO.

That's not a criticism either. One of Cal's biggest strengths as a coach is that he doesn't tie his ego up in his decisions about how to do things. He's very adaptive, is always looking for a better way.
    Painful lesson to learn.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
    Have we ever had Nos. 00, 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 all on the same roster before?
    This is what I noted as well
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This is what I noted as well
    If it has ever happened I'm guessing it was back in the olden days when teams tended to just start at the lowest number and assign them sequentially to each player.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Cool Re: Kentucky Men's Basketball Official 2013-2014 Roster Posted

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Cal may be 52 yo but he's certainly not too old to learn. IMO he's come to learn that it can't hurt anything to have a big roster and it can help sometimes. Still, I surely wouldn't expect him to play more than 8 with important minutes, no matter how much talent he has. Leopards don't change their spots regardless.

this chart has print so fine that I can't read any of it, but I can count to 16. Somebody enlarge the chart?

Aha, figured out how to enlarge the chart after all. Even though they won't be seeing much PT, I'm glad to see 5 Kentuckians listed.

9 Frosh????????? Seldom (never?) has a roster of 16 had so little experience.

Attachment 2646
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jimcats View Post
    Aha, figured out how to enlarge the chart after all. Even though they won't be seeing much PT, I'm glad to see 5 Kentuckians listed.

9 Frosh????????? Seldom (never?) has a roster of 16 had so little experience.
    Hawkins will get more than mop-up minutes IMO. Outside chance that Hood will as well.

There are a ton of options with this roster.....Don't forget about a kid named Polson who will see a couple of minutes a game at the point as well...Cal can go really big if he wants, he can super fast if he wants..Notice I don't say small, because we have no small guys no matter that lineup he threw out there...

Imagine this lineup in there at once...Harrison Twins, Randle, WCS, and Dakari for a few minutes. Or you could go Twins, Young, AP, and Randle for super fast athletic freak team hahahaha

Notice both your lineups include the twins & Randle in them. Shows how versatile they are. Big, fast, strong.