Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Travel Agents

Travel Agents

Does anyone here book your vacation through a travel agent? Me, my wife and 4 boys are thinking about taking a Royal Carribean cruise next summer. We will be driving to FL, so we don't need airline tickets. Are agent worth it or am I better off doing it all myself through the internet. I went on a cruise 15 years ago, but really can't remember all the ins and outs.

Re: Travel Agents

I don't think it really hurts, but I'm not 100% sure you'd get much improved over what you can do.

I used one for my honeymoon, with plane, hotel, and car reservations, trips to/from airport arranged, etc. Was a good idea then as a) Al Gore had not invented the internet, and b) wanted all the details arranged, and this person did a fantastic job.

For my 10-year anniversary, used another travel agent to go to the Cayman Islands. Agent screwed up the trip tremendously. Six days before we were to leave, was trying to get me to change dates because of how bad she had bungled it. Now, remember--I had 3 kids at this point, and we were flying to Monroe, La. so my parents could take care of the kids, and had dates carefully arranged--which was THE key element.

That was the last time I used one. I'm sure others have better experiences. There may be a lot of details involved in going on a cruise--if there are, I think the agent may do you good. The more details the more you could have good use out of an agent, methinks.

Thanks Darrell. Ugh, sorry to hear about the issues. What Cruise LIne did you use?

No cruise, just a trip to Hawaii and one to Cayman Islands via air.

Odds are you can find what you need by the net. I never use travel agents.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

Done both and the agent did mess up one year badly.

Will NEVER do Carnival again.. Live Royal and Norwegian. Norwegian once and Royal 4 times.

Have fun. An agent can sometimes get you moved up a few floors for the same orice

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Done both and the agent did mess up one year badly.

Will NEVER do Carnival again.. Live Royal and Norwegian. Norwegian once and Royal 4 times.

Have fun. An agent can sometimes get you moved up a few floors for the same orice
    We did one cruise thru an agent. My folks took us on a cruise, Princess iirc. Was the biggest mess of all time. My father, myself and my son all have the same name. Agent could not get this thru his mind. They had my wife and dad in one cabin, my son and my mom in another, me and my daughter in the third. Took us 2 hrs to fix that. Any time we went to get off the ship my father got denied exit or entry back onto the ship (his card was flagged so we would get pulled out) At the end of the trip, all the on board charges were on my credit card and my dad, who paid for the trip was the only one in the party who didn't get an on board platinum card. It all related back to how the trip and passports were initially entered as the agent used incorrect names and dates of birth.

I've done royal carribean and like them a lot. Also princess which is a step up. Never done a carnival but know a few who have, none repeated the mistake. However its not unusual to have a 5 day cruise with them that lasts a few days longer!!!!.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

The agent really screwed it up and the problem became worse when we called and she was on vacation out of the country. I had to pay some money and then waited to be re-imbursed

Have not done Princess