Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Seattle recommendations?

Seattle recommendations?

Work is taking me to Seattle for a week in mid-September. Anyone have any recommendations on restaurants/things to do/etc.?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Seattle recommendations?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/sea...weather/351409

Don't have any food recommendations but the weather looks beautiful.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

Was there once, great seafood

I like Cracker Barrel for good, consistent food. If you're out late in Seattle, may try Waffle House.

Need some coffee the next morning, you can try Waffle House again, or splurge and go with Starbucks. I hear there is one or two out there as well.

You're welcome. I am somewhat of a world traveler.

Unforgettable

Thirsty, go for Darrell's cherry smoothie at McDonalds

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I like Cracker Barrel for good, consistent food. If you're out late in Seattle, may try Waffle House.

Need some coffee the next morning, you can try Waffle House again, or splurge and go with Starbucks. I hear there is one or two out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Thirsty, go for Darrell's cherry smoothie at McDonalds
    Oh, wow... Thanks for picking up my slack, JazyD. I have only had 4 of them this summer, though, but each one is gloriously delicious, and very likely Seattle may have a McDonald's, too. May have to hunt for it a bit, and plug it into a GPS, but it is worth the drive.

never mind I see JZD got your back on the berry chillers
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

I really don't have time to drive all the way to Bham to smack you, but I may find some.... lol

I was there once, really liked downtown Seattle around the Market. I highly recommend that area. Didn't get to spend too much time there, I was doing a trade show then doing a client install, but really liked it. Got to ride the ferry, that was kinda neat. I love a good downtown and thanks to the Market there were lots of restaurants and bars and such all right there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Like Mexican? The Matatdor is a really neat restaurant with a Tequila Bar. You can look it up online. Nobody under 21 allowed. The Walrus and The Carpenter is an oyster bar -named one of the top 5 seafood restaurants in the WORLD! High Life is a cafe type place - you can look up the menu and location on line also. Truthfully - Seattle has some excellent places to eat - it just depends on your price point and what you like. Because I like EVERYTHING I am in heaven!
    Have a great time during your visit.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

I will say I do NOT recommend the Univ of Washington Medical Center cafeteria.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    I will say I do NOT recommend the Univ of Washington Medical Center cafeteria.
    lol, never made it there on my trip.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.