Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Question for Guitar players

Question for Guitar players

I bought a Seagull acoustic guitar about a year ago. Despite my complete lack of rhythm I love trying to play. I always wipe it down with a soft rag before putting it back into the case. I keep the rag in the case and don't use it on anything else. My question is.....should it ever be wiped with any kind of "wood protection product" and what would you recommend? I assume you don't spray it down with Pledge.

Here is the wood used to make my guitar

Top : Select Pressure Tested Solid Cedar

Back & Sides : Canadian Wild Cherry

Neck : Silver Leaf Maple Integrated Set Neck

Fingerboard & Bridge : Rosewood

Nut & Saddle : Compensated Tusq® by Graphtech

Truss Rod : Double Function

Finish : Semi-Gloss Custom Polished Finish w/Gloss Top

Re: Question for Guitar players

I use a slightly damp cloth to wipe my instruments clean, then dry them. I then spray Martin guitar polish on a dry cloth and rub the instrument down good. Then use a dry cloth to shine it.

Usually do this when changing strings and while they're off a little lemon oil on a cloth for the fret board followed by a clean cloth wipe down, everything else i use a damp cloth followed by a dry cloth wipe down. I've used "guitar cleaner" before too, it's readily available and inexpensive..no matter what you use always apply to the cloth not the guitar. After a good cleaning I've used turtle wax, a little on a cloth goes a long ways, and then polish with a clean cloth. The wax will help keep body oils and dust and grime easier to clean off with a damp cloth. Try to keep the wax off the fret side when waxing the neck.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Sesame seed oil is also great for the fingerboard. Apply a small amount and let it soak in for 5 minutes or so and wipe off the excess. I never comes back to the surface.

Thanks for the help