Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Things that make you scratch your head.....

Received an email today telling me a new credit card was on its way to me, by mail, of course. The email encouraged me,

While you wait for your card, start customizing your online account preferences. You can:
    Set up online payments
    Create a PIN for cash access at ATMs
    And much more

And provided a link.

I clicked the link, and of course, the first thing they ask is.....the card number.

Which you don't have.
    Which you can't get until the card arrives.

So you can't register to do all of those online account preference things until the card arrives. So why do they say, "While you wait for your card....?"

That's my "today" things that make you scratch your head. We all experience them. What's yours?

Bombino

Re: Things that make you scratch your head.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Received an email today telling me a new credit card was on its way to me, by mail, of course. The email encouraged me,

While you wait for your card, start customizing your online account preferences. You can:
    Set up online payments
    Create a PIN for cash access at ATMs
    And much more

And provided a link.

I clicked the link, and of course, the first thing they ask is.....the card number.

Which you don't have.
    Which you can't get until the card arrives.

So you can't register to do all of those online account preference things until the card arrives. So why do they say, "While you wait for your card....?"

That's my "today" things that make you scratch your head. We all experience them. What's yours?
    Are you sure that link is legit? Would be a very good way to phish for card numbers and/or logins.

Yep, it's legitimate. Right card, everything done through snail mail, gave them email address to notify, etc.

Just really, really dumb.

Mr. Left Hand? Meet Mr. Right Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Mr. Left Hand? Meet Mr. Right Hand
    Hey, this is a PG-13 board.