Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Is Poythress the key?

Is Poythress the key?

I haven't been posting very often this "off" season, but I read a lot of articles and threads on here and i really appreciate this community. I know that cal is pumped to coach Poythress again, and I'm not 100% sure where he will fit in the line up. But I can't shake him...I can't stop feeling like he will be the key this year. He's physically a very impressive athlete and has that Liggins-Jones strength (hopefully with less head up his butt-edness we saw from jones time to time). I can't wait to see what he does...He's one of my favorite players on the team currently...looking for him to finish better at the rim, improve free-throw shooting and take us a long way. thought?

If Kentucky wants to realize the ultimate goal, I believe that Alex must play a significant role in that outcome. I am very anxious to see how it all fits together.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Rupp's Runt

Re: Is Poythress the key?

I am of the opinion that Poythress needed some new friends to hang out with, that a couple of players from last year's team had influences with him that weren't of the best kind. Poythress on the floor and Jon Hood off the floor are going to be key role players for this year's Kentucky basketball team. JMHO.
    MOLON LABE!

I think you are a wise man, suncat.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I think you are a wise man, suncat.

Thank you, kind sir!
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Thank you, kind sir!
    Yup you are correct and there have been several eye witness reports of a change in attitude and effort from Poythress since the distractions are no longer around. I hope to see the dominate player we saw in a couple of games last season when this one starts. I do not know that I would call hm THE key, but he could surely be a difference maker this year.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Forget Robert Morris-- can we schedule Georgia State and get some REAL revenge on last season's debacle?

Recruit

Poythress scored 20 against Duke then as the season progressed,he got more and more passive. In other words,he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane. If I was Cal, I'd be tempted to bring Jamal Magloire in for a few practices and let him slap Alex around for a week or two. Mr. Poythress must learn to play a bit nasty in order for Kentucky to go to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Forget Robert Morris-- can we schedule Georgia State and get some REAL revenge on last season's debacle?
    Took me a minute to get it. I'm slow today.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Philly.........let it go, brother. Let's look forward, not backward. And enjoy the ride, because we have another 'special season' in front of us!
    MOLON LABE!