Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy one year anniversary at these new digs, ya'll!

Happy one year anniversary at these new digs, ya'll!

Thanks to an incredible community who have been so, so supportive of the move, this forum, the way we communicate with each other, and the way that good folks like Larry Vaught, Lonny Demaree, Jeff Houchin, Tyler Adkins, and gang bring us information about the best sports the Commonwealth of Kentucky has to offer.

It was one year ago today that this place was set up, and you came to support it. Without the terrific support of this community, we wouldn't exist.

Much appreciation to the great set of moderators and the wonderful contributors, some with some of the best sources you'll never hear about and the best information possible.

Great times ahead for Kentucky sports. I am as excited about Kentucky football as I have ever been, and the same for Kentucky basketball (men and women's). Looking forward to enjoying them all here with you.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: Happy one year anniversary at these new digs, ya'll!

Darrell, great board. I remain a member of several other sites and it is truly astonishing at
    the difference.

1. The UK Scout site is one of the least active of their entire network.
    2. 247 has one good writer in Chris Fisher, a good national basketball recruiting guy in Jerry Meyer, but the member participation is very weak.
    3. CI is a cesspool of trolls and haters. Hardly worth reading
    4. Maggard's site is a joke

I love this site. Folks are very knowledgable, respectful and fun to read. This may well be an interesting year; the football team should be fun to watch but I fear the schedule will just be a killer. The basketball season may be an all time great year.

Thanks for all everyone does!!

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

You can't take away from the coaches and players through the history of our great program, but it is the fans that make us special.

We are a community; a country; a body of individuals who share at least one common link and that is the love we have for this program. Living away from home this board help keep me connected to that world.

This is generally speaking a very civil place. It is all much easier when UK wins of course but we generally keep one another's hopes alive in bad times too.

As moderators we have had very little to do here except dispose of spammers which is the way we prefer it. That is a tribute to all of our members. It's been 15 years we've been together and KSR is like home to us.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Fab Five

Darrell, thanks to you and all of the moderators and administrators. Everyone does an outstanding job, something we don't say often enough!

Thanks to all the Mods for their hard work. This is a great community.

We have moderators here? I've not really noticed them. (Kind of like a referee or umpire, that's about the biggest compliment I can think of for the mods.)

Keep up the good work, mods & admins. This is a good place to be

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Thanks to all the Mods for their hard work. This is a great community.
    Robust +1

Happy to be a remnant

This forum has sure brought me a lot of pleasure through the years, and I appreciate being a part of it.

Thanks to all of you for making it so enjoyable!

In honor of the anniversary,

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...e-First-Thread

Rupp's Runt

This is by far the best Kentucky sports site in existence, bar none. Best information available, best staff & administrators/moderators, best members, bar none.
    And they still put up with me! How could I "NOT" love it here?
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

Great job by all, I feel I have a lot of friends in the world because if this group. Have met a few and all are great guys
    This is just a great place to come every day.

We moved?

Kidding, kidding...

Feels like we've always been here - like it feels like home...

It feels a heck of a lot longer than a year. So glad to be part of this UK community. By far the best in the business.
    ~Puma~

test test test
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fiddlin' Five

I really don't like this place, that's why I check in 3 or 4 times a day (not kidding on 3 or 4) . Great bunch of people here and thanks for the hard work so many put in, it's all positive for me.

Only 3 or 4? In an entire day?

And I'm not kidding. I've already checked it more than that and it's not even 1:00 yet. Maybe that says more about me than the board, though

Great place, appreciate the Commaradity that goes on here..

Of all the different formats and locales for KSR, I have enjoyed this one the most. My thanks to all who help make this the great community that it is.

Bombino

Happy Anniversary to all the BBN on this site. Go Big Blue.

it took me a while to not hit the scout button on my favorites, well actually maybe about two weeks and 5 started threads, then i realized i could just go all in here at the original ksr. Its been a good several years, really good people here with great discussion and information. i could have never lost Wiggins without you guys...
    Go Cats!

I've followed Darrell, CBBN, Dan, Doc, etc. around since 1997. I'll keep it that way.

Happy Anny and thanks for all the work it takes to keep this going. This is one place that seems to exist not to make anyone rich or famous, but for the love of the UK and great discussion. It shows!

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    Happy Anny and thanks for all the work it takes to keep this going. This is one place that seems to exist not to make anyone rich or famous, but for the love of the UK and great discussion. It shows!
    I agree completely. This is a great community to be a part of.

I've been around to long to hunt for a new home.

The admins here have always said that the posters make the community and they could not be any more correct. I have always thought that Rainman's philosophy about how the members interact on a message board is the key to making all of the boards I have been a part of worth being a part of.

If it is not fun and you are not getting paid to do it, why do it?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I enjoy conversing with the great fans here. I hope my football input adds to the site and every once in awhile I'll stray on the dark side and talk a little basketball also, lOL. Funny, I've forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know in football,but my love for the oblong ball continues to grow

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Only 3 or 4? In an entire day?

And I'm not kidding. I've already checked it more than that and it's not even 1:00 yet. Maybe that says more about me than the board, though
    At $20.00 quarterly and checking in 3 times/day I come up with .07 cents a pop.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    At $20.00 quarterly and checking in 3 times/day I come up with .07 cents a pop.
    How does that work out, math wise, or per pop wise, per post? I figure for Darrell and CBBN some of us are paying them to post
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Well at 20.00 a quarter I went with 90 days/quarter and divided that into the 20.00 and then divided by three times/day. That's just checking in, not posting, with Darrell and CBBN, there aren't enough decimal places to come up with a cost. Imagine what a per/word cost would be, lets just say them boys are getting their money's worth...Thankfully

At the end of the day we all love the big blue, we respect each other, and like I have said before, I have never met any you of you guys, doesn't matter, think of you guys as all good friends of mine..