Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Governor Moon Brown's New Unisex Bill

Re: Governor Moon Brown's New Unisex Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Well it's not going to stop it altogether. I wish there were laws we could pass that would effectively stop bullying, but that's a practical impossibility. But it will work toward preventing bullying, some now but definitely in the future. The principle is that same as that behind LGBT Pride and even anti-segregation laws in the 60s. One of the reasons kids are bullied is that there is and always has been an established "normal." So "abnormal" kids would be the subject of scorn and bullying (by the "normal" group). These kinds of laws establish a new "normal." (I keep putting "normal" in quotes because it's a concept I find to be generally bad. I don't like the concept of normality because everyone is different, but as long as we establish "normal" concepts, you'll get outliers that are bullied. Anyway...)

So now it's "OK" for the transman to play boys sports. The coach has to accept this because it is the law, if the current coach can't then a new coach will. The coach then makes sure some of the boys aren't bullying the trans* person. Easy as that. The way I see it, it's no different than if a gay kid wanted to play football. Should he be prevented from playing a sport because he might be attracted to some of the members of his own team? No, of course not. Same with a trans* person.

That's how I see it, anyway. Casting aside old ideas of normalcy is a key in preventing future bullying as best as possible. That's what these kinds of laws do. Might be rough at first, like desegregation in the 1960's, but it's a necessary step towards a more open and tolerant society.
    So there's no specific way in which it prevents bullying, it's just about trying to make such things more accepted and "normal" and that will somehow reduce the bullying.

"Bullying" is just a tag slapped on this to make it more mainstream and give it more empathy. If kids are getting beaten up in the restrooms that's a school security issue, not a gender issue, but if this is just about trying to create broader acceptance then bullying is just a sidebar to the issue. If anything kids on sports teams and in restrooms and locker rooms creating controversy will lead to more singling out and bullying, and no coach will be able to do much about it.

Maybe it's still the thing to do, but as "bullying" is a hot button topic right now that just got tacked on for appeal. I have no doubt these kids are bullied, as are most all kids over something, but I see nothing in this law that does anything but increase their chances of being bullied by fellow students.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    So there's no specific way in which it prevents bullying, it's just about trying to make such things more accepted and "normal" and that will somehow reduce the bullying.

"Bullying" is just a tag slapped on this to make it more mainstream and give it more empathy. If kids are getting beaten up in the restrooms that's a school security issue, not a gender issue, but if this is just about trying to create broader acceptance then bullying is just a sidebar to the issue. If anything kids on sports teams and in restrooms and locker rooms creating controversy will lead to more singling out and bullying, and no coach will be able to do much about it.

Maybe it's still the thing to do, but as "bullying" is a hot button topic right now that just got tacked on for appeal. I have no doubt these kids are bullied, as are most all kids over something, but I see nothing in this law that does anything but increase their chances of being bullied by fellow students.
    This was a point I was attempting to make but doing a poor job of achieving. A guy dressed as a girl in the girls locker room is nearly 100% more likely to be bullied and ridiculed. No law is going to change that. However what will is parental instruction, school security, etc, not a law that say you have to let guys/girls dressed as girls/guy use the bathroom designated for girls/guys.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    If kids are getting beaten up in the restrooms that's a school security issue, not a gender issue, but if this is just about trying to create broader acceptance then bullying is just a sidebar to the issue. If anything kids on sports teams and in restrooms and locker rooms creating controversy will lead to more singling out and bullying, and no coach will be able to do much about it.
    Pretty much it in a nutshell. Let's create exemptions for the autistic, speech pathology issue kids, freckled ginger kids, geeks, gothics, mixed race, acned faces, kids who stink, albinos, metabolic challenged kids, hearing challenged kids along with the LGBT because they are bullied too. There is no end to this to equate "special" rights to whoever the legislator is affording sympathy that day. Another part of the feel good, give everyone a trophy type of philospohy that is killing this country.

Unforgettable

Sundat was right, let kids be kids and quite forcing things like this down everyone's throat. The liberals do not accept any point of view other than their own. I don't lime gay marriage but if some guy enjoys those things that is his problem, but forcing this crap on kids and their parents is 100% wrong

It will create more private schools, more to CAtholic schools and more home school. And how any will leave the state. How much federal money will be lost on less attendance in public schools?

This is I different than if I decide I " feel" like beating the crap out of gays, I should be allowed to do that based on my feelings

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It is not the same. Not even close. But Matthew Shepherd suffered a horrible death because of his sexual orientation. Others have too. The plight of the homosexual is a different struggle but similar levels of civil liberty abuses have been chronicled through history.

I know one young man who in high school tried to kill himself because of how he felt inside.

I was with him that evening. I had no idea what his pain was and his words of how he "wanted to really like this girl" stuck with me. At 17 or 18 I had no idea what he was trying to say. I wish I did. But I didn't. I just tried to be his friend on a night he took way too many pills.

I am not sure this bathroom/locker thing will help that. I don't think so. I don't think this will help those children who are struggling with identity.

Kids and people in general are cruel. This law won't make things better. But I hope people will be kinder to those who are struggling with their sexual identity.

I do think sexual identity is a part of you before puberty. I developed early (my voice changed in the second grade) but I knew I liked Farrah Fawcett and Cheryl Tieggs pretty darn quick as a little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Also, I love how gays try to equate the plight to that of the black man of the 60's. Yeah, its exactly the same
    Last edited by UKHistory; 08-13-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Unforgettable

So what about the young children that get very confused by this crap? Do their feelings not count? Of course it doesn't with liberals. A 7 or 8 year old girl is not going to want some boy in her Bathroom and will not understand it.

Nor will it stop bullying in any way, ay possibly make it worse when boys realize what others are doing openly and making the girls uncomfortable or with a girl coming in a boys bathroom.

Plus there are children at young ages who might " think" they want to be like the opposite that are just going thru a faze and this might totally confuse them into thinking they truly are the opposite when they weren't. Y niece went thru a phase around 9 where she looked, dresses, and acted like a boy for about a year. Then the phase ended and she went back to her normal self and now has a husband and two kids. Had this been in affect then who knows what might have happened

In spite of what liberals want to say this is not good nor normal and will be a bad policy for children in those schools who won't understand this. And of course parents who are opposed have no voice as usual because liberals don't think they count

Rupp's Runt

Gays have been around since the beginning of time. They're here, and we have to live with it and at the least be somewhat tolerant. That is just life as we know it. Period.
    I do not condone it, but I accept the fact that gays are human beings just as I am. We're just not on the same "channel", as it were, but it's okay. But do not try to force me to accept something that I do not agree with and do not believe in. That is violating my right to self-determination and infringing upon my happiness. Just leave me alone! I promise you that is my behavior towards you. We can meet in the driveway and discuss neighborhood issues. If I see you at church, the grocery store, the local burger bistro, wherever, I will speak and be cordial. I will respect you as a human being.
    But stop trying to force this "social justice" bullyang down my throat! All of this phony social engineering is taking this country and our families down a very dangerous destructive path. I don't care if you're gay, I am not going to bother you, but by God leave my family and me alone. And stop whining to the government about your problems, take stock of your own personal situation and act accordingly. Be responsible for yourself and your personal actions.
    It really is that simple.
    MOLON LABE!

I was reading a story about some event being held for trans folks and allies, and the people there were instructed to "match plumbing to plumbing" and everyone was perfectly okay with that. Gender identity can be a complicated issue, especially in a society where such strong norms are enforced, but in this instance everyone seemed fine with going to the bathroom that matched their physical sex. I get the idea that you want to allow a person to completely embrace their gender identity, but saying you should use the bathroom where everyone else there will look the same as you down below tends to make everyone more comfortable, and as I understand most reasonable trans persons are perfectly okay with that. I try to be very supportive of pro-LGBT causes but this seems unnecessary.

Or, if you prefer...
    30f.jpg
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Unforgettable

Gays can do whatever they want as adults in private just as straights must. But to shove this at children is unacceptable.

They will be bullied in school worse than anything they think is happening now.

Rupp's Runt

Commiefornia, when it folds, will be the beginning of the "dominoes effect ", with New York, Illinois, and others to follow. When that happens, the Republic will be finished.
    That's when the fighting will start. It's not far off, folks. And if you're not ready and have some kind of survival plan in place, you'll just be another of many that will be "out of gas". Shame on ya if you're not prepared.
    Last edited by suncat05; 08-14-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    MOLON LABE!

I overestimated BBB's knowledge of child development.

Anyone thinks a post pubescent teen boy wouldn't pretend to be trans just to get an opportunity to get a look at the girls is delusional. They wouldn't worry about being labeled because they would tell their buddies what they were doing prior to venturing into the girls restrooms and locker rooms.

Gender confusion is common, especially in a world of single parent homes. This law just adds to a child's confusion.

Unforgettable

Unfortunately I think you are correct and there are not enough sensible people to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Commiefornia, when it folds, will be the beginning of the "dominoes effect ", with New York, Illinois, and others to follow. When that happens, the Republic will be finished.
    That's when the fighting will start. It's not far off, folks. And if you're not ready and have some kind of survival plan in place, you'll just be another of many that will be "out of gas". Shame on ya if you're not prepared.

A bonanza for private schools that likely will change K-12 education in California in ways that right now can only be guessed at.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    A bonanza for private schools that likely will change K-12 education in California in ways that right now can only be guessed at.
    That, in and of itself, would most likely be a huge positive in all of this mess. However, the stupid law will still stand, so yes, that could be a contributing factor in pushing the growth of some private schools.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    that could be a contributing factor in pushing the growth of some private schools.
    And better educated kids too. The question for California then will be can they keep that better educated kid in state, or will brain drain occur where opportunity is better and tax burden is less.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And better educated kids too. The question for California then will be can they keep that better educated kid in state, or will brain drain occur where opportunity is better and tax burden is less.
    No, let them stay in Commiefornia so they won't infect anyplace else with their liberal stupidity.
    MOLON LABE!