Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

Former Auburn Back Michael Dyer to UL

That is what was just reported by a local Birmingham television station. Dyer was kicked off the team at Auburn and then at Arkansas State. Makes perfect sense that he would end up at UL.

Bridgewater said earlier today they would welcome him.

Sent using Forum Runner

Re: Former Auburn Back Michael Dyer to UL

Do they look for every kid who screws up at Auburn? First it was Zeke Pike and now Dyer? Hope it blows up in their face.

Hope it blows up in their face.

Sounds like a good possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Hope it blows up in their face.
    Well, we know for a fact that as long as he does no worse than beat his girlfriend with a hairbrush or rape a woman in a bar, he'll be a Cardinal and the Louisville faithful will herald him as a hero. Honestly, it's tough to imagine what he'd have to do to have it qualify as blowing up in their faces, since they seem to be entirely accepting of such things (as long as the perpetrators are wearing red).
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

WAVE 3 Louisville reported they were looking at him and CCS started immediate damage control with the song and dance about every young man deserves a second chance (in UL's case 2nd, 3rd, 4th ...chances). It was also reported he was kicked off Auburn's team for a failed drug screen, and then let go from Ark. St. for violation of team rules including reckless/careless driving. They'll (UL) would/have sell their souls to the devil to try be relevant, lets face it Bridgewater is there under less than suspect considerations, they've got a asst coach that was named in UM scandal, there are a pair of twins that nearly beat a team mate to death in their own locker room who were allowed to stay on the team... and the list goes on and on. Would you like to move on to basketball? This is fully on Jurich's shoulders allowing the insane to run the asylum.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Charlie Strong's five core values:

1. Be honest.
    2. Treat women with respect.
    3. No drugs.
    4. No stealing.
    5. No weapons.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2010/8/...esses-cardinal

This is the same school that allowed a convicted drug dealing felon to stay on the team and start a few years back. Different coach, but same AD and President. Why is anybody surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    WAVE 3 Louisville reported they were looking at him and CCS started immediate damage control with the song and dance about every young man deserves a second chance (in UL's case 2nd, 3rd, 4th ...chances). It was also reported he was kicked off Auburn's team for a failed drug screen, and then let go from Ark. St. for violation of team rules including reckless/careless driving. They'll (UL) would/have sell their souls to the devil to try be relevant, lets face it Bridgewater is there under less than suspect considerations, they've got a asst coach that was named in UM scandal, there are a pair of twins that nearly beat a team mate to death in their own locker room who were allowed to stay on the team... and the list goes on and on. Would you like to move on to basketball? This is fully on Jurich's shoulders allowing the insane to run the asylum.
    Well, Jurich retained his basketball coach that publicly embarrassed the University with his adulterous behavior that made the front pages everywhere.
    Strong and Pitino win, so Jurich obviously could care less about any sort of ethicical behavior in his sports program.
    His programs are successful, but he's as low down as those who work for him, since he lets the rotten behavior continue time and again.
    Just win!!

Sad that the old running joke about these kind of players transferring to ul seem to come to fruition all to often!

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    That is what was just reported by a local Birmingham television station. Dyer was kicked off the team at Auburn and then at Arkansas State. Makes perfect sense that he would end up at UL.
    This is seriously bad news!! Dyer can run the ball effectively and will be dynamic in Uavel's backfield. This may be all they need to finish unbeaten.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    This is seriously bad news!! Dyer can run the ball effectively and will be dynamic in Uavel's backfield. This may be all they need to finish unbeaten.
    Their crap schedule is all they need to make a run at being unbeaten. The fact that this UK team is probably the 3rdbest team on their schedule says it all.

Their schedule is worst the crap and if they smell the championship game there is something wrong with the BCS.

Unforgettable

They won't even sniff it

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Their schedule is worst the crap and if they smell the championship game there is something wrong with the BCS.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Hope it happens. Then they get to lineup against Nick' boys and you can be sure he won't make the same mistake Muschamp did by not preparing because he was pouting about not getting a better opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Hope it happens. Then they get to lineup against Nick' boys and you can be sure he won't make the same mistake Muschamp did by not preparing because he was pouting about not getting a better opponent.
    This is exactly what people were saying last year about UofL against Florida. "Good, I hope they play an SEC team and get whipped."

I don't understand that. Why would you want them to even have the opportunity? I think they'd get killed, but I don't want them to even have the chance. Even playing in the game is validation for them.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    This is exactly what people were saying last year about UofL against Florida. "Good, I hope they play an SEC team and get whipped."

I don't understand that. Why would you want them to even have the opportunity? I think they'd get killed, but I don't want them to even have the chance. Even playing in the game is validation for them.
    +1

It's really a shame in my mind and comes down to money when you look at a player like Dyer who has been kicked out of two colleges already.

But when you think back Charlie hiring Hurtt was all about money also.

Another thing is to hear Charlie talk about his 5 rules when in fact he does things like he is doing at UL kind of reminds me of Pitino.

Super Kitten

All I say is I hope that this two time loser does wonderful things to their team chemistry...would love to see this type of sell out move derail their "perfect" season...

Of course come game three I would love to see UK do to UL what we did the last time UL thought they had a Heisman candidate at QB...
    Its FOOTBALL time in the Bluegrass...and some basketball talk!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    Charlie Strong's five (THREE, SIR!) three core values:

1. Be honest.
    2. Treat women with respect.
    4. No stealing.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2010/8/...esses-cardinal
    Seems legit.

ETA: It seems Rick Bozich feels the same way I do. It's one thing to give a young man a second (third?) chance, but don't blow this sanctimonious "core values" smoke up our butts then disregard it as soon as some talent falls in your lap. You're looking the other way because he can help you win, Charlie. Most other programs would do the same thing, just own it.
    Last edited by SalsaKat; 08-02-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    Seems legit.

ETA: It seems Rick Bozich feels the same way I do. It's one thing to give a young man a second (third?) chance, but don't blow this sanctimonious "core values" smoke up our butts then disregard it as soon as some talent falls in your lap. You're looking the other way because he can help you win, Charlie. Most other programs would do the same thing, just own it.
    I have been accused of being a "Duke hater" at times, but I no more hate Duke than any other rival school (which is to say, I don't "hate" them at all). But I do criticize them for portraying something which they are not--same as Charlie Strong.

I'm one of the few people that aren't tied to Bob Huggins who respects what
    he does. Huggins--to me--deserves my respect 100x more than Charlie Strong. Huggins takes at-risk kids, acknowledges taking at-risk kids, and turns around many of them. But he makes no pretense about what he's doing. Strong does.

Dyer won't be nearly as effective running behind UL's O-line as he was running behind Auburn's O-line, with Cam Newton also drawing lots of attention. Bridgewater draws lots of attention also, but not as a running threat. We have the ends to funnel their running game inside this year, which should somewhat negate Dyer's speed. He probably makes it a lot harder for opposing defenses to tee off on UL's questionable line though.
    changing my signature to change our luck.