Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pelicans Play Wizards in Rupp Oct. 19

Pelicans Play Wizards in Rupp Oct. 19

Herald-Leader Sports@KentuckySports2mRupp Arena to host NBA pre-season game Oct. 19 featuring John Wall's Wizards against Anthony Davis' Pelicans: http://bit.ly/18RCxbE

Whoa. What a great marketing idea.

Fab Five

Re: Pelicans Play Wizards in Rupp Oct. 19

Keeneland all day, NBA hoops all night - pretty good deal. And it's an open date for football.

Damn, I will be flying back from Paris.....

Someone is hoping to prove a point about having the NBA in Kentucky, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Yeah, like, we feel REAL sorry for YOU.

OK--so now I HAVE to get Big Blue Madness tickets for my son and I so I can tag team this on top of it. What a great father-son weekend that would be.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Flying back from Paris is never a bad thing other than the fact that you have had to leave Paris. Been there almost 20 times and will be back in January. Probably my favorite city to visit.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    OK--so now I HAVE to get Big Blue Madness tickets for my son and I so I can tag team this on top of it. What a great father-son weekend that would be.
    I didn't realize when I first saw it that it was the night after BBM. Those UK sports marketing guys are pretty good at this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I didn't realize when I first saw it that it was the night after BBM. Those UK sports marketing guys are pretty good at this stuff!
    You mean Cal is. The admin at UK is still working on their big project to bring back the "2 bits" cheer for the games.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Damn. I'll have to miss that one. Going to Nashville the next morning to watch my beloved 49ers play the Titans. Oh well. I'll choose a regular season NFL game over a preseason NBA game anytime.

The admin at UK is still working on their big project to bring back the "2 bits" cheer for the games.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

We have an alumni game that sells the program and now a NBA game against #1 pick Wall against #1 pick Davis. Great event to hold over madness weekend with no football game home or away.

One drop back. Anyboyd here attend the 1989 Hornets game with Rex? For whatever reason that was one of the most boring games I have ever been to in person. I am sure with more UK players it will be different. But this is an NBA and not a UK event.

Over 20 years so the particulars have been lost on me but it left me with a negative feeling towards NBA exhibition games. I hope we gets fans to the game and I hope that we use it properly.

If they do not price the tickets out of the target market, they will draw a good crowd.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If they do not price the tickets out of the target market, they will draw a good crowd.
    Just checked Lexingtoncenter.com. Tickets will range from $10-$250, which IMO tells us less than nothing at this point. $250 is sky high but if it's for a seat on the bench that's fine. If' it's for the first 10 rows that's another matter. Maybe Cal can buy those and give them out to folks.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Yeah, that makes for an incredible weekend, maybe moreso for we out-of-towners who don't get the privileges the local guys get all the time.