Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Nice calorie-counting, fast-food, "healthy choices" website

Nice calorie-counting, fast-food, "healthy choices" website

I have actually cut and pasted several web pages from www.sparkpeople.com. They have a series of articles on "healthy choices" from various restaurants. They include all of the major fast food ones like McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, KFC, etc., but also good choices like Panera Bread, Olive Garden, TGIFriday's, etc.

Many of us find ourselves having to "grab" lunch or dinner quickly between some activity or schedule, and it is nice to have a handy chart of choices. While I don't necessarily agree that many of it is "healthy," at least it tells you calories, sodium, fat, etc., and you can choose from there. I'm still in calorie counting mode, so that's the most useful part to me.

Good site. I have already cut and pasted 8 of their "Healthy Choice Menu"s from 8 different fast food restaurants. Embarrassing to admit that, huh?

Fab Five

Re: Nice calorie-counting, fast-food, "healthy choices" website

I'm not a fast food guy. The only two of those I have frequented in the last 6 months are Olive Garden for the soup and salad and Panera for a bagel, once or twice a month.

I could probably do a better job of having substantive snacks, or even fixing a healthy "to go" lunch for myself so I don't do that as often.

They're just so....convenient. I'm at Trussville, and it's 6 pm, and I have an hour to kill, and have not had dinner? Wendy's. It's noon and I teach a class at 12:30, and running in my car? McDonald's. Time and time again I find myself in those "predicaments." I know they're coming, so I could plan for it. But this seems to at least minimize the damage.

Yeah the important part is to be able to plan ahead. Light lunch if you know you're going out to dinner, that kind of thing. I've lost 10 pounds in the past couple months (using MyFitnessPal on my phone and iPad, if you're curious) mostly just making sure I don't overeat and exercising daily. I haven't really changed what I eat significantly.

That SparkPeople site seems pretty slick, Darrell. I've taken to eating protein bars as a mid-afternoon snack but they are sugary and they get pricey. However I've yet to find a protein snack that has a better protein : calorie/carb ratio than what I'm eating now, besides like straight roasted chicken breast. But this recipe looks promising. I'm gonna try it this weekend.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=662771
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Ooh, that looks good.

Sent using Forum Runner

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I could probably do a better job of having substantive snacks, or even fixing a healthy "to go" lunch for myself so I don't do that as often.

They're just so....convenient. I'm at Trussville, and it's 6 pm, and I have an hour to kill, and have not had dinner? Wendy's. It's noon and I teach a class at 12:30, and running in my car? McDonald's. Time and time again I find myself in those "predicaments." I know they're coming, so I could plan for it. But this seems to at least minimize the damage.
    In Trussville you can hit Taziki's. Greek or Mediterranean salad is great!

This Wendy's option was pretty good.

ForumRunner_20130803_112155.jpg

Sent using Forum Runner