Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: If you were to attend an auction, which day/time would you prefer?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tuesday evening

1 14.29%
  • Thursday evening

2 28.57%
  • Friday evening

0 0%
  • Saturday morning/day

4 57.14%
  • Saturday evening

1 14.29%
  • Sunday afternoon (post church)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: OT: Poll re our auction schedule

OT: Poll re our auction schedule

As some folks know among my few different job titles I'm a licensed auctioneer in Kentucky. We're debating the future of our auction scheduling. Custom dictates auctions are usually on Saturday mornings, but as we operate out of an indoor gallery we can really have them whenever we want. We have one on thursday nights, the primo stuff on Saturday morning, and you see them on all different days around the country.

I'm debating moving the schedule around to have no saturday day auction, just evenings. The reason is it seems to me more and more people have less and less time on Saturdays these days. No definitive decisions, just speculation.

So I'm wondering, assuming you were interested in going to an auction for something you saw of interest, which day would it be? Consider though that we do live internet bidding as well as the people "in house", so I'm asking also when you'd rather be on line bidding as well as when you'd rather come to the auction in person.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: OT: Poll re our auction schedule

If it was something I was truly interested in, and could be there in person, then I'd be more inclined to a late Saturday afternoon/early evening timeframe. But that's only because of my work schedule being on 3rd shift. On-line bidding could be anytime.
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

I'm partial to the Thursday evening one. Nice night, just before the weekend hits, or the start to an early weekend (back in college type days). Works for an auction, too.

Bombino

My only other thoughts are a lot of people bid on auctions while at work so maybe just before or just after lunch time would be a good idea too. I see that on ebay often times things that end at 8am go for much cheaper than things at 11am or later (up to around 4pm then it drops for a bit then comes back up).