Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: KENTUCKY Kicks Ass!

Unforgettable

Re: KENTUCKY Kicks Ass!

Rebrand, fine but why should they use the term..mother freaking...when describing the derby? That immediately turns me off as being professional. If that is how they use terms to advertise such a great one of a kind event, then I doubt they can truly describe a beautiful state such as Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Rebrand, fine but why should they use the term..mother freaking...when describing the derby? That immediately turns me off as being professional. If that is how they use terms to advertise such a great one of a kind event, then I doubt they can truly describe a beautiful state such as Kentucky.
    I agree. Not terribly offensive to me personally, but lacks class professionally.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

This whole campaign lacks class. Yeah, let's have all of our kids wearing shirts that say "Kentucky Kicks Ass". IMO, this shows that just because a project can be funded through Kickstarter, it doesn't mean it's a good project.

I'd like to know the name of the person who contributed "over $10,000" for this. Could it be that he/she expects to sell a lot of merchandise with that logo?

So these guys are trying to raise $3.5 million for a superbowl ad to tell the world that we're just a bunch of crass goofballs. Kentucky already has a perception problem from people who don't know much about the state. This campaign sure won't help that.

Unforgettable

I didnt like the title either, sounds like a goofball reality show of backwoods rednecks

QUOTE=CattyWampus;100585]This whole campaign lacks class. Yeah, let's have all of our kids wearing shirts that say "Kentucky Kicks Ass". IMO, this shows that just because a project can be funded through Kickstarter, it doesn't mean it's a good project.

I'd like to know the name of the person who contributed "over $10,000" for this. Could it be that he/she expects to sell a lot of merchandise with that logo?

So these guys are trying to raise $3.5 million for a superbowl ad to tell the world that we're just a bunch of crass goofballs. Kentucky already has a perception problem from people who don't know much about the state. This campaign sure won't help that.[/QUOTE]

Rupp's Runt

The MORON that thought this gem up needs to have HIS ASS KICKED!!
    MOLON LABE!

I disagree. This is the type of marketing that attracts 20-30 somethings. I received it from my niece on FB and she had many people liking it, all in that age group. They used up and coming entrepreneurs from different media they recognize.

Like it or not, it's given our state some attention and from small snapshot I've seen, it's been successful. Not trying to win anyone over to my thinking on this but I will stay out of your yard, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I disagree. This is the type of marketing that attracts 20-30 somethings. I received it from my niece on FB and she had many people liking it, all in that age group. They used up and coming entrepreneurs from different media they recognize.

Like it or not, it's given our state some attention and from small snapshot I've seen, it's been successful. Not trying to win anyone over to my thinking on this but I will stay out of your yard, sir.
    Yeah, those 20-30 somethings really have their fingers on the pulse of American marketing. That's the same group that was taken in by the Hope and Change crap.

I love this campaign and own the "Kickass Kentuckian" t-shirt.

Last edited by BigBlueBrock; 07-28-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CattyWampus View Post
    Yeah, those 20-30 somethings really have their fingers on the pulse of American marketing.
    20-30-somethings are the bread and butter of marketing and consumerism, always have been. They (I suppose I should say 'we') buy more than any other demographic. There's a reason you see TV ratings talk so much about 18-34-year-old viewers. So attracting that age group is pretty important.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    20-30-somethings are the bread and butter of marketing and consumerism, always have been. They (I suppose I should say 'we') buy more than any other demographic. There's a reason you see TV ratings talk so much about 18-34-year-old viewers. So attracting that age group is pretty important.
    That's true when it comes to selling consumer products, music, etc., but what exactly is to be gained by the use of classless merchandise to promote a state? Do you really think that a "Kentucky Kicks Ass" campaign will draw employers to the state? Will it draw vacationing families?

I don't care how old anyone is, but to suggest that "Kentucky Kicks Ass" would be a good replacement for "Unbridled Spirit" is just plain dumb. If people think that "Unbridled Spirit" has run its course, fine, but surely a more appropriate tag than "Kentucky Kicks Ass" could be had. What's next, "If You Want Cheap Drugs And Lots Of Sex, Come To Kentucky"? I'm sure that would appeal to the 20-30 somethings.

I actually think "Kentucky Kicks Ass" would be a great state slogan because I think it's true. It begs the question "Well, why does Kentucky kick ass?" Which might lead to people actually learning about some of the great things my state has done. It won't ever happen because there are still far too many people who choose to be offended by a phrase as innocuous as "kick ass" (as this thread demonstrates), but it's still a fantastic campaign.

With Big Ass Fans headquartered in Lexington along with Hugh Jass burgers, 'Kentucky Kicks Ass' is a natural slogan imo. It's a bit edgy and doesn't take itself too seriously, while creating something memorable--the whole point of marketing a brand. Besides, I agree with those guys that 'Unbridled Spirit' has to go.
    changing my signature to change our luck.