Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Warehouse 13

Warehouse 13

Did I read that right after last weeks episode, the last episodes of W13 will be in 2014? I know it can't go on forever but...

Re: Warehouse 13

Yep, they gave them 6 more to sum up the series. I agree, it really stinks. This series would have 3x the Nieslons alone if SyFy weren't the worst compilation of network dimwits since the Leno debacle at NBC. How can anyone watch it when no one knows about it and it's hardly ever on? I've had better luck randomly finding Leprechauns in my back yard than coming home and finding a W13 episode on Syfy in a whole week of programming.

Not saying it would be as big as Star Trek, but it was mishandled in much the same way. Last year they decided to go right up against the basic cable prime lineup on monday nights, with W13 up against a huge cable show The Closer, both with strong female demographics. They had a sci-fi show with strong female demos and had no idea how to position that to take advantage. instead they put it up against the only show on TV where it wasn't going to win. Same thing done to ST in season 3 when they put it on Saturday nights when their primary audience, college kids, weren't in front of a TV.

Still, it got a full slate this year with the 20+ run, effectively a 2 season run for a total of 5 and then a half season next. Better than I expected once they programmed it the way they did in Season 3. I thought that would kill it.

Whenever I get that "those people are professionals, they aren't stupid" talk about how anyone in a high ranking job must know what they're doing I cite the brilliant handling of the largest intellectual franchise in human history, Star Trek, and how it was canceled for lack of ability to attract fans by those brilliant people. Put W13 on the list of proofs that some very stupid people have very important jobs in the American entertainment industry. Put the new Lone Ranger movie on the list too. lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I agree, SyFy didn't promote the show nearly enough. Hopefully they put a solid effort into the final episodes so that it doesn't go out with a wimper. I'm starting to run out of TV shows that I want to watch anymore.

I just saw the Lone Ranger today, Citizen. It's as mindless as the Pirates movies, but I thought it was great fun.
    changing my signature to change our luck.