Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Our Ole Buddy Marshall Henderson Suspended Indefinitely

Our Ole Buddy Marshall Henderson Suspended Indefinitely

Re: Our Ole Buddy Marshall Henderson Suspended Indefinitely

That guy finds trouble like he was using a GPS.

he should have gone to UNC. They overlook a Lot more than SEC schools....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

He would have been partying with Hairston July 4th like he didn't have a problem in the world.

CBS reporting that he failed a drug test. I'm shocked, quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Amen - did you see the news from UNC? No other charges for PJ. Not surprised.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

I suspect this "indefinite" suspension will last until early October
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Should have declared for the draft this year as it sounds like he is NBA ready now.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    I think his haircut alone proves ongoing serious drug abuse, why waste the money on a test?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

he is nothing but trouble but he got hem what they wanted last year, he is a drug dealer, just nothing more than a thug. I doubt he is alive at 30, needs to hook up with Hernandez up in the Boston area.

Looks like another transfer from Louisville to Minnesota is about to come up.....gotta make room.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Interesting take.

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...2_a6&eref=sihp

From the article:

This is where I remind you (again) that Henderson has a lengthy record with drugs that extends well before Kennedy and Mississippi took him on. This is also where I remind you that Kennedy – who hadn’t made the NCAA tournament in his first six seasons before Henderson carried his team there last season, and was on the brink of losing his job - was subsequently given a contract extension through 2017 after the Rebels made the NCAA round of 32. It’s also where you should recall March photos like these, where Henderson was, ummm … less than sober. And that the school backed Kennedy after he was alleged to have assaulted and dropped ethnic slurs on a cab driver that led to his pleading guilty to disorderly conduct in 2009.

So, yes, Henderson needs to take responsibility for his latest indiscretions, and Parrish is reporting that a stint in a rehab center is possible. All that said, if Kennedy ends up booting him from the program now, based on what’s currently being reported — and I have asked around to numerous folks who don’t have anything deeper than this in the way of Henderson’s alleged issues — I have a pretty sizable problem with it.

As I have written before in this space, addiction is not a funny thing. I don’t know Henderson personally, but it seems pretty clear at this point that he has substance abuse issues, issues that were very much known by Kennedy and his staff when they took a chance on him. Even if Henderson was on a no-tolerance plan at Mississippi (and stories and photos from last season seem to dispute that, or at least the enforcement of it, as do claims now of multiple failed drug tests), that calculation should change after he was primarily responsible for saving your job and earning you many extra millions in guaranteed money. You can’t minimize the impact of Henderson’s indiscretions when it benefits you and then bounce him when you have security. Henderson also was nine credit hours shy of his degree as of the beginning of this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I suspect this "indefinite" suspension will last until early October
    Yep, probably. If not, the SEC isn't looking great again. Losing Henderson and Walker hurts.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Interesting take.

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...2_a6&eref=sihp

From the article:

This is where I remind you (again) that Henderson has a lengthy record with drugs that extends well before Kennedy and Mississippi took him on. This is also where I remind you that Kennedy – who hadn’t made the NCAA tournament in his first six seasons before Henderson carried his team there last season, and was on the brink of losing his job - was subsequently given a contract extension through 2017 after the Rebels made the NCAA round of 32. It’s also where you should recall March photos like these, where Henderson was, ummm … less than sober. And that the school backed Kennedy after he was alleged to have assaulted and dropped ethnic slurs on a cab driver that led to his pleading guilty to disorderly conduct in 2009.

So, yes, Henderson needs to take responsibility for his latest indiscretions, and Parrish is reporting that a stint in a rehab center is possible. All that said, if Kennedy ends up booting him from the program now, based on what’s currently being reported — and I have asked around to numerous folks who don’t have anything deeper than this in the way of Henderson’s alleged issues — I have a pretty sizable problem with it.

As I have written before in this space, addiction is not a funny thing. I don’t know Henderson personally, but it seems pretty clear at this point that he has substance abuse issues, issues that were very much known by Kennedy and his staff when they took a chance on him. Even if Henderson was on a no-tolerance plan at Mississippi (and stories and photos from last season seem to dispute that, or at least the enforcement of it, as do claims now of multiple failed drug tests), that calculation should change after he was primarily responsible for saving your job and earning you many extra millions in guaranteed money. You can’t minimize the impact of Henderson’s indiscretions when it benefits you and then bounce him when you have security. Henderson also was nine credit hours shy of his degree as of the beginning of this summer.
    Agree with the take.

Unforgettable

Depends on " multiple" and whether OM decides they will stick to their rules

As Elvis would have spelled I see t-r-o-u-b-l-e mercy !

Chris Herron talked with Henderson.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...erson/2509167/

I sure hope the kid can get his life together before something tragic happens.

Apparently, it was cocaine and marijuana.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ections_sports

Quote Originally Posted by akaukswoosh View Post
    Chris Herron talked with Henderson.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...erson/2509167/
    Love Chris Herren. That dude could play.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Apparently, it was cocaine and marijuana.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ections_sports
    Can't pull up link from my end but suspect its about the traffic stop where he had pot and coke. I think he was headed back to Mississippi after making a run to Chapel Hill NC

I hope he can leverage his position in basketball to change his life, but prob gonna run outta time
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
    I sure hope the kid can get his life together before something tragic happens.
    So, how many chances does one get? Been arrested more than once, been in jail,probation, etc. So at what point does one say you can't fix stupid? At what point do you say you created the situation and its yours to live with? I'm fine giving second and even third chances so long as the person wants to change. Don't see that with Henderson so don't really care what happens to him. If he were going to change! He would have done it already. 5 years from now I see him either rotting in jail, living in a trailer in backwoods MS smoking crack or dead. Nothing will change that

Jeff Goodman's position is that it is time for Andy Kennedy to cut him loose. It's an ESPN Insider story, or I would link it.