Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How active or sedentary are you?

Unforgettable

Re: How active or sedentary are you?

Finished st 12362. But already have 2761 on my new day. Tomorrow should get a bunch. Take up offering at church, home and vacuum upstairs before grand kids arriva and then 18 holes of golf, home to play with girls

Quote Originally Posted by jgirl View Post
    Finished yesterday with 23434. Only made it to 20166 today. :-(
    Ironically 23,000 is my average. That's per month, right?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

That is just wow. What do you do? I am on my feet alot but nothing like that

QUOTE=jgirl;101767]Finished yesterday with 23434. Only made it to 20166 today. :-([/QUOTE]

Freshman

Family business...martial arts school.

Finished yesterday with 19602. 0nly work half days on Saturday

Family business...martial arts school.

Finished yesterday with 19602. 0nly work half days on Saturday
    Cool. What style(s)?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

8906 yesterday as my late day walk ended up being about 35 minutes instead of the 15-20 I had expected, plus it seems that my pace was closer to 110 steps per minute.

I'm at 6545 right now today, but even if I don't take many more, it has been a good day as most of those steps were from mowing the lawn and I spent a lot of energy and effort doing that, even if the number of steps is not overly high. It has been a good weekend (as long as I ignore jgirl's numbers anyway )

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Cool. What style(s)?
    We have two programs. Shorinji Kempo and Aikido.

Lazy Sunday = 8841 so far. I guess grocery shopping and house cleaning aren't the most active "activities"

Unforgettable

Just got back from golf, at 15789 for today. Might try to get a walk in before my day ends at 8pm but probably will wait until later, pretty tired. It was hot and humid and I started cramping when I got home. Need to rest and get some fluids back in, did drink a glass of pickle juice

3306 today. Been over two weeks since my last sub 5000 step day, so I will fix it before midnight. My pedometer keeps track for me, resets at midnight, but keeps last 7 days in memory. If it ain't easy, I don't do it.

Sent using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    did drink a glass of pickle juice
    What am I missing here?

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

Helps with cramps

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    What am I missing here?

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

Finished with 16449. I left the golf cart on the path and walked to the ball alot

Helps with cramps
    Oh, thanks. Didn't know.

Sent using Forum Runner

At work & realized I left my pedometer at home. Oops.

Anyway, it will likely be a non-productive day walking wise, so maybe I'll be glad not to see the numbers. Instead of walking home from work, I have to take the bus so I can get home & immediately go to meeting for a group where I volunteer. I'll be doing the same on Wednesday & Thursday too, so I'll have to try to find ways to get some extra steps in this week.

I did end up with over 11,000 yesterday & about 20,000 total for the weekend so that wasn't bad

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    At work & realized I left my pedometer at home. Oops.

Anyway, it will likely be a non-productive day walking wise, so maybe I'll be glad not to see the numbers. Instead of walking home from work, I have to take the bus so I can get home & immediately go to meeting for a group where I volunteer. I'll be doing the same on Wednesday & Thursday too, so I'll have to try to find ways to get some extra steps in this week.

I did end up with over 11,000 yesterday & about 20,000 total for the weekend so that wasn't bad
    That is great work Flounder, you're setting the pace for the rest of us.

My daily average so far this week (Friday noon to Friday noon) is 9,355 steps/day or about 4.25 miles per day. That is up significantly from my first week where I averaged 5,741 steps or 2.61 miles per day. My goal is to see if I can get the average to 10,000 steps per day and keep it there for a month. If I take a rest day each week I've got to hit 11,500 to 12,000 for the days I work at it. No weight loss yet, but I think I'm in better shape.

3:00 p.m., and I'm at 1,412 for the day. And it's raining outside, lightning and thundering.

Have a treadmill (somewhat) conveniently located in my garage (also somewhat conveniently located to Michelob Lights in the refrigerator next to the treadmill). Might be a trip to the gym today, which I have not visited in about three weeks.

Unforgettable

After 16,000 plus on Sunday I followed that up with 9137 yesterday and 10843 today. When I went to our indoor storage unit I made two trips up to our second floor unit and then did two laps around the upstairs so that gave me 1390 steps. Tonight I walked a little further than last night. That is the first time I have done two nights in a row in a long time.

Like Mick I want to get over 10,000 on average a day. I think 10,000 should be our minimum on average.

Listening to Cardinals baseball on my XM app and bluetooth headset while walking tonight. Had 3000 steps at the time, and the Dodgers had 2 on, 1 out when I started, and Redbirds got out of it with their 4th double play. Well, I considered that an omen, and kept walking til I felt comfortable and finished with 9200...and a Cardinals win.

10,000 is a good goal, but most days, unless I'm at soccer, I will probably struggle to get there. I am so so sedentary during the day it is pitiful.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

Hit 12342 today. Walked for the third nite in a row. Hope we don't lose jgirl and flounder

Talked to a guy who took over 2,000 today. Must count for something.

2621 today. Had mtgs until 9, then wife and I working out schedules til 11:30. No time today .

Sent using Forum Runner

I'm not lost, just having a fairly slow week. Actually, my count has been over 6,000 the past 2 days which is not too bad considering my main time to walk - going home after work - has not been available this week due to meetings I need to attend. I was afraid numbers would be under 5,000, but I think 6,000+ is at least adequate.

Tonight will be more of the same, but maybe I can have a good weekend. And at least I've been pretty good on my diet, so overall this is probably a bit slow of a week, but not terrible.

Freshman

Hit 12342 today. Walked for the third nite in a row. Hope we don't lose jgirl and flounder
    I didn't want to discourage you guys!! I got 22275 yesterday. Today will be huge. Summer Camp field trip and then classes until 9

You're not discouraging, at least to me. In fact, it may even be motivation.

I know I hit 20,000 at least one day a few years ago when I had access to a treadmill. That's not going to happen again soon, probably, but if I see others getting big numbers I will make more effort when I can to increase my totals.

I'll be working 12-9:30 today, all of it except for a half hour lunch will be on my feet. I don't really care how many steps I take but walking is less tiring than standing still.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Unforgettable

Like flounder jgirl encourages me which I need the challenge. Flounder I can't imagine walking home from work, think it is great. You get the exercise and save gas. How far to work?

QUOTE=UKFlounder;102427]You're not discouraging, at least to me. In fact, it may even be motivation.

I know I hit 20,000 at least one day a few years ago when I had access to a treadmill. That's not going to happen again soon, probably, but if I see others getting big numbers I will make more effort when I can to increase my totals.[/QUOTE]

Unforgettable

Hit just over 12,000 today. Walked again tonight 4 nights in a row. Had to stop a few times to stretch the back. I want to stay over 11,000 and will try to get 12,000 each day. I needed this challenge to get me going again

Freshman

25107 yesterday. I actually thought it would be more.

Followed the 2621 day with over 15,000 yesterday, so got back on track. Helps on soccer practice day, as I walk or jog for close to 2 hrs.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

Wow. Gives me a goal. Lol

25107 yesterday. I actually thought it would be more.