Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How active or sedentary are you?

Decently active day for me so far. Went to office. Then another office. Then home. Took son to soccer, dropped him off. Then to campus to teach class.

My steps on this moderately active day for me so far? At 6pm CT?

See why I have to work at it so hard?

Sent using Forum Runner

Fab Five

Re: How active or sedentary are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Decently active day for me so far. Went to office. Then another office. Then home. Took son to soccer, dropped him off. Then to campus to teach class.

My steps on this moderately active day for me so far? At 6pm CT?

See why I have to work at it so hard?

Sent using Forum Runner
    I understand your pain Darrell. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will have at least 2 low active days a week. That's not all bad if it is giving the body proper rest. So far in week 2, I average 1 mile further per day than I did last week which was my first. My top day this week is 11,410. My average for the week week is 8,017. Last week was 5741. I have set 6500 steps per day as my absolute minimum. Anything less is unacceptable. I would like to average 8,000/day in any given week. We'll see. It's a long hot summer.

Unforgettable

Did't do as well as hoped today but did get to 7247 which was okay but not the 8000 I would like but have been only doing this 5 days. ate too much tonight, fried pork chop, boiled new potato with gravy, sliced tomatoes. but sooooo goooood LOL

Freshman

OK, you guys made me curious. I went out and bought one at a running store yesterday. I'm going to estimate 12000+

Unforgettable

So you are a runner? If so 12000 should be easy

UOTE=jgirl;101356]OK, you guys made me curious. I went out and bought one at a running store yesterday. I'm going to estimate 12000+[/QUOTE]

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by jgirl View Post
    OK, you guys made me curious. I went out and bought one at a running store yesterday. I'm going to estimate 12000+
    Damnit! That's a challenge!!!

Working at home this morning.

From 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., 4 hours: 236 steps. Basically, I rolled over in bed, and have been up to get coffee.

I will be able to walk at soccer practice today, so I'm not too concerned, but that goes to show you how bad it is. Last night I was out at 11 p.m. battling the lightning (none within 12 miles, but it was lighting up the sky) to make sure I improved the steps count.

Freshman

Wow! Working at home is bad for you! At least...for your step count.

I am not a runner but I am on my feet pretty much all day. Going to have to amend the estimate though. It's just lunch time and I am closing in on 10000.

I'm up to 273 as I close in on noon. This is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jgirl View Post
    It's just lunch time and I am closing in on 10000.
    WOW. That's 5 miles or so already. No wonder you're so fit.

10000 by noon - as Darrell said, wow!

I've been good this week - 10,000+, 11,000+ & 8,000+ (but in full days) and if nothing changes, I should be over 9,000 or so by the end of today. Only 3600 right now, but I'm expecting to walk home again and that will be about 4,500 or so more

On another point, does anyone ever forget their pedomenter, even temporarily, and get frustrated because you didn't get your steps counted? I woke up yesterday morning and did a couple things before showering and then remembered I had left my pedometer in the bedroom. It only lost maybe 100-200 steps or so, but I was a bit frustrated that I had forgotten to track them.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    10000 by noon - as Darrell said, wow!

On another point, does anyone ever forget their pedomenter, even temporarily, and get frustrated because you didn't get your steps counted? I woke up yesterday morning and did a couple things before showering and then remembered I had left my pedometer in the bedroom. It only lost maybe 100-200 steps or so, but I was a bit frustrated that I had forgotten to track them.
    All the time. I get mad if I leave it on the nightstand when I go shower.

1473 at 3:30 pm.

Sent using Forum Runner

Fab Five

I have to wear the pedometer on my underwear when I am at home. Typically, I take my shorts off in the shower and have the new ones draped over the towel with the pedometer attached. I'm not going to miss over two or three steps. Every step counts, but if it isn't on the meter it didn't happen.

I think some of you are getting compulsive about this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I have to wear the pedometer on my underwear when I am at home. Typically, I take my shorts off in the shower and have the new ones draped over the towel with the pedometer attached. I'm not going to miss over two or three steps. Every step counts, but if it isn't on the meter it didn't happen.

I think some of you are getting compulsive about this thing.
    Ya think?

3214 at 4:30. Been running errands.

Sent using Forum Runner

13393 at 6:35. I've had a good 75 minutes.

18312 at 11:30. A record.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 08-01-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Fab Five

13393 at 6:35. I've had a good 75 minutes.

18312 at 11:30. A record.
    Wow! Simply amazing. I hope my next report is that I get to the 10,000 level.

Wow! Simply amazing. I hope my next report is that I get to the 10,000 level.
    I did old fat man running. Ran 1/2 lap, walked 1/2 lap. Got 8 miles in. Quite proud of my personal record.

At 4800 tonight. Might walk a little tonight but not pushing it.

Sent using Forum Runner

Freshman

Finished yesterday with 23434. Only made it to 20166 today. :-(

Fab Five

Amazing JGirl, simply amazing. I will hit the CC course in the am and wont stop until I hit 12000

Unforgettable

Not going to put my numbers up against you folks until I get higher than my 7500

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Not going to put my numbers up against you folks until I get higher than my 7500
    I finished with 6677 Friday. Have my first 100 for Saturday since it resets at midnight. :-)

Sent using Forum Runner

Freshman

To be fair, I am on my feet literally all day. 1077 already today.

Sitting is the new smoking. Google it. I guess I'm a two pack a day man, then.

Unforgettable

I am up to 6685 so far today, 1PM

Goal is 11,000

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I am up to 6685 so far today, 1PM

Goal is 11,000
    Great job. I love this positive peer pressure. I kinda feel like one of Cal's blue-chippers with this gang.

Fab Five

Well, the morning trip to the CC course got me to 13,296. I measure from noon to noon, so that I can use lunch hour to finish a day if I need to do so. It's much better than having to go out late at night if I had a sedentary day.

Well, the morning trip to the CC course got me to 13,296. I measure from noon to noon, so that I can use lunch hour to finish a day if I need to do so. It's much better than having to go out late at night if I had a sedentary day.
    Super work. Spain Park?

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

All at work so far today, will work in the yard this evening and then walk after dark. My wife loves what you guys have done to me.

Great job. I love this positive peer pressure. I kinda feel like one of Cal's blue-chippers with this gang.

I did well this week but today is a non- work day and I had no errands to run or anything else to o o I have been very sedentary today. I took a short walk earlier and plan to take another soon to get my count at least above the 5,000 mark.

It seems like I average about 100 steps per minute when I go on a walk, so I can at least estimate how I do. Maybe soon I can try to increase the pace, but for now I want to focus on continuing to make the effort and establish a good habit

Unforgettable

10981 with 2 hours to go