Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: How active or sedentary are you?

Embarrassed by my lack of activity the last few weeks & my excuses for it. I'm still tracking my steps, but the numbers have not been good. I keep saying "I'll start back up...." but never do. Maybe if we survive the great white death coming this weekend I'll get back on track next week, but talk (typing) is cheap. We shall see.

Unforgettable

Lol. Harder in winter. Mine are hovering around 10,000 which isn't good. I really need to walk when my back lets me.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Embarrassed by my lack of activity the last few weeks & my excuses for it. I'm still tracking my steps, but the numbers have not been good. I keep saying "I'll start back up...." but never do. Maybe if we survive the great white death coming this weekend I'll get back on track next week, but talk (typing) is cheap. We shall see.

Have had an absolutely dismal start to December with respect to what I'd been able to do the last 3 months. Average is 8,900 with only three days over 10,000 (highest only 11,800). Didn't even want to post this but need some accountability and tongue lashing so give it to me!!

Hope to get started back tomorrow on the stairs at work, at the very least get my walking in. Came off the vacation on a high with the 5K trail run and also ran 3 miles three other times while off but haven't done anything other than walk the dogs a couple of days since the day after Thanksgiving. This post is my wake-up call!!

Unforgettable

Welcome to my world. Have gained 4# back! ticked. You did so well on vacation you coasted

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    Have had an absolutely dismal start to December with respect to what I'd been able to do the last 3 months. Average is 8,900 with only three days over 10,000 (highest only 11,800). Didn't even want to post this but need some accountability and tongue lashing so give it to me!!

Hope to get started back tomorrow on the stairs at work, at the very least get my walking in. Came off the vacation on a high with the 5K trail run and also ran 3 miles three other times while off but haven't done anything other than walk the dogs a couple of days since the day after Thanksgiving. This post is my wake-up call!!

Unforgettable

Until today was doing ok.. Monday was 10,001, Tuesday was 9873, yesterday 12479 but today fell to 7634. Tried walking inside at our whse but back wouldn't let me go far, just started hurting too much. Cold

6911 steps yesterday, and that was including running 2.14 miles in 30 minutes at the gym. I "run" slow even when I'm doing it regularly, but trying to get back to where this is a habit means I'm really slow now.

Sent using Forum Runner

uploadfromtaptalk1390233078464.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    What's "Under 2,000"? Dead? As I think about it I bet there are days I can come in under a thousand. Really need to get more exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    No kidding, days between 1k-2k are easy for me to have.
    Thought I'd bring these two posts back as a reminder of just how sedentary I can be.

4:25 pm CT, and I'm at 488 steps for the day. Yeah, I "worked" at home today. I brought home a bunch of papers and stuff that had not been filed, used file sorters, scanned documents, did a bunch of crap work that required me to do nothing more than turn my head a little. Product of working for myself and having very limited support staff is that I have to do this from time to time to catch up. Most activity I had today was typing here.

Going to go to the gym for a 30-minute workout and might go walk around the neighborhood tonight with that giant Defiant light just for fun. My internal goal is 7,000+ steps a day, every day--even today, and more than 50,000 steps every week. That will help.

I'm slowly working my way back into the exercise mode! Had a horrible December and 1st week or two of January. Gained 5-6 lbs after 3 months of good work. I have managed to get at least 10,000 steps in every day so far this year but not a whole lot more most days. Done my Nordic Track a couple of times. Set a goal/resolution to lose 25 lbs and run a half marathon before years end. Got a little more motivation this weekend as my oldest daughter got engaged and has set a date of September 6th so that should help keep me on track. Don't want to walk her down the isle a "fat old man"!!

Got a Fitbit Force for Christmas and really like it. Don't have to worry about having the phone with me every second now, and it's more accurate.