Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: How active or sedentary are you?

Re: How active or sedentary are you?

Man, I'm excited I broke 8,000 yesterday, which was more than the previous 3 days combined. Jazy is disappointed with more than 12k.

Keep it up--it will give me more incentive to get back on the train. Ran nearly 3.5 miles at my son's soccer practice yesterday, but had literally 600 steps all day before that. Just can't get moving during the "regular" day.

Unforgettable

16932 today, much better

Unforgettable

Slow today, didnt walk last night, worked all day and plopped on the couch for games tonight. 4213

Wednesday and Thursday started the down hill slide as I expected and then it crashed hard Friday and Saturday. 13,313 Wednesday and 11,470 Thursday which wasn't terrible but my average for the month was 15,300 before Wednesday. In Frankfort for continuing ed Friday and Saturday, 3602 Friday, 8093 Saturday. Probably going to be a little under 8000 at end of day today. Dropped my average for the month down to 14,400 and I really wanted to keep it above 15,000. Plugged in numbers and will need 33,000 tomorrow to get back up to 15. I'm off and will be working around the house. Tomorrow might be the push I need to go the park and run tomorrow night and try to get the numbers up.

15,113 on Friday, 13,846 Saturday and 10,113 yesterday - a downward trend, but still well over a 10K average. I was pretty tired yesterday so I cut my workout short. I'm surprised I made it to 10K, but thought my legs needed some rest, at least comparted to the 15K average I had been on in the previous 10 days or so.

We'll see what today brings, but if I get can over 10K again, preferably over 12K, I will be pretty happy. I can always do better, of course, but it would be much much easier to do worse.

Unforgettable

Got back up yesterday , 17643. Played my usual Sunday afternoon golf and walked a lot between shots vs the cart. Walked 3.2 miles last night and had to push thru the last .6 as my left knee was hurting which it does after I play on Sunday. Last 7 days I averaged 14135. But I ate too much bad stuff so the weight didnt come off, didnt go up. I am still doing a good job of portions at meals, just need to watch the sweets.

Flounder, how is your weight coming and how far is your walk home from work?

My walk home is about 45 minutes and I'm guessing about 2 miles. it takes about 4700 steps from the street outside my building, though I've never measured exactly.

My weight is pretty steady right now, which is good considering I've had trouble with my evening meals, particulary the last few days. In the past I probably would have gained a couple of pounds, but I'm doing enough to keep it off. I need to do better, but I am much better than I was in the past so I just need to keep plugging away.

Unforgettable

17342 today, good day but had to cut walk short

Good job flounder, long walk home

Well I made the effort but I didn't quite make it. Worked around the house all day, then went to the park and ran 3 miles (1st time in almost 3 months) and walked 2. Came home and took the dogs for a walk too but finishing the day 29,300. Monthly average came out at 14,904. Throw out the 3,000 day Friday and I would have been at 15,290 so I'm good with how I finished. Going to use finishing below 15 as motivation next month to finish above.

Unforgettable

Well today was interesting. As most know my 24 hours starts at 9 pm so I walked last night after 9 pm. Then up at 5 am and down to deer camp for a work day which we did, a lot. Had cramps in both legs about a mile from the house on the way home. Hot today, sweated a ton and was dragging when I left. Drank 5 bottles of water.

Steps, record".."...........24065. Going to bed very soon, and no I didn't walk tonight after I took my wife to eat

Awesome jazyd! Had a good first 3 days of the month so far, 16,287 Tuesday, 19,383 yesterday and gonna have right at 18,000 today.

Unforgettable

bad day Fri, back was really hurting so no walking and more sitting than normal but still go to 10641. Today isn't any better, won't get to 8000 the way it looks. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, should have a big day. State Fair is here and taking the granddaughters, trouble is whatever I gain on exercise I will lose at the fried oreo stand, cotton candy, chicken on a stick, and who knows what. LOL

Well, I have been more active walking than I have on this thread lately. The last few days: 12,572, 13,447, 16,280, 10,341, 15021 and 15,757. Nothing spectuar on the high side, but nothing really bad either. It is actually a bit more consistent than I realized and I think that's pretty good. Maybe I need to try to push it up another notch soon, but I'm pretty happy with the exercise I'm getting

I have meetings tonight & Thursday this week, so staying 10K plus may be tough, but I will try.

I also just purchased a new pedometer through a program at work and that will have an online program I will be able to use to make tracking easier. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Unforgettable

Did get to 10769 on sat which surprised me. Yesterday wasn't as good as I expected at the Fair but came home and shut down, 10342. Got to get back going again

Unforgettable

Back over 13,000 again at 13,453. Great walking on these cool nights. Hit another goal, list 17 but went under another weight mark

Had a really good first week of the month, 17,204 Friday, 21,103 Saturday, 22,295 Sunday, 15,465 Monday. Dropped under 15 for 1st time this month with 13,558 today but still pretty happy so far. Really hoped to go longer before having a day where I dropped below 15,000 but that's really hard to do without specifically doing stairs, running, walking 2-3 miles. 2-3 hours driving today and not much till I got home about 2:30. Blew leaves on yard, cut the grass and washed a vehicle and still came up short! Congrats on the weight loos jazyd. I've toned up some, especially the legs, but still haven't really lost any weight yet which is kind of a bummer. Thought I would have seen better results by now but part of the trouble is not eating as well as I should be. Still snacking at night more than I should.

Unforgettable

good day yesterday, 17632, but today is off as I have something tonight and might not walk. Weight is coming off slowly, but like you Ash, haven't eaten exactly like I should. but that is okay as I still eat some junk and keep that craving down.

Had a pretty good last week, still keeping pace above the goal for the month, wed 14588, thur 18346, fri 21730, sat 20688, sun 18213, mon 13802. gonna be in the low 14's today most likely. Where ya at Darrell, haven't heard from you in a couple of weeks? Don't fall off the wagon, let's keep encouraging each other to keep at this!

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    Had a pretty good last week, still keeping pace above the goal for the month, wed 14588, thur 18346, fri 21730, sat 20688, sun 18213, mon 13802. gonna be in the low 14's today most likely. Where ya at Darrell, haven't heard from you in a couple of weeks? Don't fall off the wagon, let's keep encouraging each other to keep at this!
    Ashcat, you nailed it. I have fallen so hard it's embarrassing. If I posted my steps you would think I've been sick in bed, they are so low.

I need this good peer pressure to get me going again. When I am in front of the computer I am will post a mini update, and try to start fresh.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

ok, been out for a bit. Went fishing in south louisiana last week from Fri until late Sunday nite and didn't take it with me because I wasn't going to be doing much walking. But the 3 of us did catch 22 reds..thought it was 19...12 specs, plus bought some fresh shrimp off the boat for $4 a pound, 16-20 count

Then had eye surgery monday morning and was asleep all afternoon, and had two doctor appointments yesterday plus watched the Cards last night.

So back at it tonight if the rain holds off, right after a shrimp dinner.

Unforgettable

Back in the game, 12504 today and walked last nite and tonight. Have to build back up

I've been pretty good still, over 10k most days, but this weekend has been a bust so far. Maybe I will make up for it a bit this evening, as I need to considering how poorly I have eaten recently. Also, darkness and cold air starting to arrive will hinder my walks home from work soon, do I will need to use the gym more frequently, which should not be a problem as I enjoy it.

Work, though, is wearing me out mentally and that is making me less motivated to exercise, but a lady returns from vacation tomorrow and that should help.

Had a pretty solid week for the most part. Still keeping the average above 17,000 a day for the month. Had my lowest day Thursday with 10,202 but picked it up with what will be just over 23,000 today.

Unforgettable

Made a big mistake Sarurday, couldn't find my step counter so I show zero for the day. Lol. Today was 14532 so better, played golf. Too tired and kinda sore to walk tonight but will get after it tomorrow nite. Getting colder here also but what helps me is listening to iheartvradio. This week was not good because if the eye surgery kept me listless a few days. Eating too many sweets last week, gotta cut thatout

Unforgettable

Had a good day yesterday, 17561. Went to deer camp for a work day. While I was on my 4 wheeler a lot I walked a lot also

Going to Starkville tonight

Good consistent week going into the weekend. Mon-17216, Tue-17,236, Wed-17,942. Gonna finish today over 19,200. Expect numbers to be lower this weekend as we're going to daughter's Sat-Sun.

Unforgettable

Good day yesterday, 13457. Today not so good, at store all day and didnt walk tonight as our 5 yr old granddaughter is with us

Unforgettable

This World Series is taking its toll, not walking at night. Did get 12763 yesterday so that is just ok. Weight down a little, now 19 pounds

Weekend went better than I expected overall. Friday 16,640, Sat 15,443, Sun 14,179. Today's going to be my low day as I'll probably only get a little over 11,000. Back to work tomorrow and have busy days after work rest of week so numbers should be good. Pretty much assured to finish month with no days under 10,000 and only 2 under 13,500. Probably will finish month with average easily over 17,000/day. Down side is I still haven't really lost any weight. Holding right around 205. Feeling better, toning/tightening but just not really losing.

Unforgettable

Bad day for me, back is tender, spent too much time at my desk plus watching World Series. Tomorrow will be better, setting up for a show so will do a lot of walking and lifting