Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Draft thread

Re: Draft thread

Giannis Adetokunbo

pronouced Yawnis,
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Yannis was sitting at 31
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

next pick, some Brazilian who won't ever play in the NBA
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I should add that I'm a fan of "the Brazilian".

Speaking of Brazilians, Krank's getting a Brazilian see "Girlfriend" thread
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

This draft is all about commodities not immediate help IMO

Glad I just walked in, my head would have exploded during the Nerlens drama

How do those protected picks work? If New Orleans traded the pick but it's "protected" if it's in the top 3, I assume there's alternative compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    How do those protected picks work? If New Orleans traded the pick but it's "protected" if it's in the top 3, I assume there's alternative compensation?
    As I understand it, a pick that gets yanked b/c it's "protected" just rolls over into the next Draft year.

Probably move it to the following year

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post

Gotcha. Hornets making a huge gamble that they'll get into the top 3 then.

Pelicans just stole the draft IMO...I love nerlons, but holiday is a very good PG, Gordon can move to SG...the sixers pick is protected 1-5, so your rolling the dive with that..for the sixers, with being so young, you take the chance, cause if you do get the top 5 pick next year, your guaranteed a stud..

The cavs are the idiots of the night...

One more thing on the pelicans, they have a ton if cap room...

DS announces the 19th pick who is not in the building so he brings out Shabazz?? That was weird.

Sorry, had to step out for a bit. Since Shabazz is being interviewed, just thought I would throw out that I think he is a great value where he got drafted.
    ~Puma~

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KMSBball View Post
    DS announces the 19th pick who is not in the building so he brings out Shabazz?? That was weird.
    This whole draft is a comedy. Next year they need to get rid of the hats. And if the set designer is anyone other than Stern's brother in law, I'd be shocked. The set design looks like something from All in the Family. This draft pales in comparison to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Pelicans just stole the draft IMO...I love nerlons, but holiday is a very good PG, Gordon can move to SG...the sixers pick is protected 1-5, so your rolling the dive with that..for the sixers, with being so young, you take the chance, cause if you do get the top 5 pick next year, your guaranteed a stud..

I agree with this, only Eric Gordon already plays the 2. Grievas Vazquez was their PG. What does this mean for Austin Rivers now with 2 good PGs on the team?

I hope they ditch him.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    I agree with this, only Eric Gordon already plays the 2. Grievas Vazquez was their PG. What does this mean for Austin Rivers now with 2 good PGs on the team?

I hope they ditch him.
    I think the issue was Gordon was having to play the pg at all...now you get Vasquez coming off the bench..they have some very young talent off the bench and could Iran could get the 6th pick or lower in a LOADED draft..

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post

agree on pelicans. Nicely done in a down year.

Archie!!!!
    ~Puma~

Archie first round!! Liggins will straighten him out.

I am ecstatic. I feel so good for archie.

All four years with multiple first rounders!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRay View Post
    All four years with multiple first rounders!
    RT @UKCoachCalipari: What a great thing and a great pick to Phoenix at 29. That’s now 13 first-rounders in four years and 17 picks overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I am ecstatic. I feel so good for archie.
    Agreed.

I know Archie got knocked a lot last year, both within and outside of the BBN, but I always loved him, even though he could drive me crazy like so many others.

Kid will get a shot doctor, he has crazy great athleticism, has just enough size to play the 2 in the league, great vertical, very very underrated as a defender, and of course, is super high energy. I will not say he will be a great or even very good player, but I believe in Archie down the road.

He just needs to get that adrenaline he seems to have three times more than any player in the draft and get it toned down so his offense can be honed down, but he will defend IMMEDIATELY in the league IMO.

Kid is VERY young, so it was easy to say "Archie was crazy for leaving UK". Well, I am not going to conflict with Coach Calipari or the vast majority on this board, but the question for a while was... "should Archie go this year so he can get in the first round in a very weak draft or enter the draft after two college years and maybe get drafted lower due to the depth of the draft.

I think it is hard to say for sure, but it looks like he made the right move, especially given how many kids stayed who could have gone high this year, meaning 2014 was already deep enough, but with guys like Smart, Austin, etal almost certainly going pro next year, ya gotta wonder if, financially, Archie was smart to get to being paid NOW rather than later.

Time will tell.

Absolutely undeniable proof that the Kentucky Effect is real. Archie IMO has no business being a first rounder or possibly even on an NBA roster and won't for another few years. But I bet Vaughn, Booker, Johnson, etc. don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Absolutely undeniable proof that the Kentucky Effect is real. Archie IMO has no business being a first rounder or possibly even on an NBA roster and won't for another few years. But I bet Vaughn, Booker, Johnson, etc. don't care.
    Shoes, I predict he will pleasantly surprise you.

His decision was very difficult IMO. Not ready this year to be as high of a pick as he could have been had he been on a team that wasn't so dysfunctional, but perhaps lost in the shuffle in the deepest draft, maybe in history, next year.

In an average year (this is where I strongly disagree with you), he goes almost lottery if he stays two years at UK. I like his game a lot if he gets guidance to help him mature (both emotionally a little in terms of his game AND physically in terms of team play, etc.).

Archie, based on potential, may be the most underrated future defender and athlete in this draft. It's a bit of a crap shoot, but I betcha a shot doctor smooths him out to be good enough, say, in two or three years. Meanwhile, watch him develop to be a solid defender by his second year. JMO.

Detroit just picked a dud, Siva won't see the court for the Pistons or maybe anybody for that matter. Detroit currently has about eight different guard options on their roster.

I'll be curious to see` who can stop him one on one in the NBA. His game is tailor made for the NBA with his jump shot being the only question mark.

His decision making won't be as big an issue as it was in college since he only has to think for himself and not be torn as to what role he is to play each time down the court. I think he will quickly excel as an NBA role player and in three or four years be a solid NBA player.

Should he develop a jumper, and I have serious doubts he will...the sky is then the limit.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain