Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

Sad today: I bought a new car.

I love my new Subaru, picked it up on Saturday. It has everything I wanted. It's a mean looking car.

But, I miss my old vehicle. I had it 17 years. It had 265,000 miles on it. It made more trips to the beach and to Lexington than I can count. It went to soccer games almost every Saturday for at least 9 of those years. It's the one my son took off-roading when he turned 16. He was washing it at midnight at the Bradley wash so I wouldn't know.

In cleaning out the vehicle to trade it in, I had to pore through a lot of old memories. Plastic wine glasses that were stored in one of the compartments from our trips to Chastain Park in the ATL, blue and white mardi gras beads from the big football win over alabama, and a letter from my buddy who died when he sent me a piece of the floor from Memorial Coliseum. That car collected a lot of stuff.

So, now the Montero is a part of history. It's really sad. And for all the joy associated with buying a new car, there is a big hole in my heart for that old bus. I'm supposed to be happy.

Re: Sad today: I bought a new car.

What Subaru?

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    What Subaru?
    Crosstrek! It the new model on the raised Imprezza Chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Crosstrek! It the new model on the raised Imprezza Chassis.
    Very nice!

Fab Five

I'll have it at the Tailgates this autumn. You'll have to drop by and see it for yourself. IMHO Subaru and Honda make the best cars on the road today that the average American can afford.

Unforgettable

Lot of memories Mick. Time to start new ones, maybe with grand kids in the future.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Lot of memories Mick. Time to start new ones, maybe with grand kids in the future.
    That's what you have when you get old Skip, lots of memories. There are about 30 of them I'm trying to forget right now .

Unforgettable

Only 30.

QUOTE=MickintheHam;94127]That's what you have when you get old Skip, lots of memories. There are about 30 of them I'm trying to forget right now .[/QUOTE]

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    only 30.

Quote=mickintheham;94127]that's what you have when you get old skip, lots of memories. There are about 30 of them i'm trying to forget right now .
    [/quote]

Yeah, my other 15 years were pretty good ones.

What did you do with the old one? I could use the upgrade.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    What did you do with the old one? I could use the upgrade.
    LOL. It really does have some more miles in it. I think it could have turned 400k. It wasn't a good economic decision, but I didn't want to retire with a car that had 300k miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    LOL. It really does have some more miles in it. I think it could have turned 400k. It wasn't a good economic decision, but I didn't want to retire with a car that had 300k miles on it.
    I have an uncle that I believe put over 300,000 miles on an 86 Chevrolet S-10 before he finally retired it. The crazy thing is he bought like a 2001 S-10 ZR2 brand new and kept driving the 86 for years, lol. You old men are a strange bunch.

Mine is at 263,000 miles. I probably will get another car soon, but more than likely either a truck or something else that I can justify keeping the old Volvo. Insurance on it will only be about 30 bucks a month to keep it. It's worth that to me just to have around. Coincidently, the insurance per month is about the same as its fair market value.

Fab Five

I have a chevy venture with 372,000 on it and still runs great. Nice looking car Mick.

Fab Five

Thanks! I was crazy for letting the old one go, but you can onlyhave somanycars in your fleet.