Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Coach says McCracken fans will enjoy watching Ulis and teammates

Kentucky point guard target Tyler Ulis and Marian Catholic High School (Chicago Heights, Ill.) have been added to the first McCracken County Festival of Hoops field.

“I had a couple of friends I talked to and had been down there (to the Marshall County Hoop Fest) and told me what a great atmosphere and great experience it is for the kids,” said Marian coach Mike Taylor. “I just thought it would be a great experience for our team.”

Marian will play The Carlisle School (Virginia) at 4:30 CST On Jan. 11.

Other players in the 2014 recruiting class ranked in the top 50 by Rivals.com in the field include Emmanuel Mudiay, Cliff Alexander, Trey Lyles, Jalen Lindsey, Angel Delgado and Josh Perkins. Top 50 players in the 2015 class will be Skal Labiessiere, Cheick Diallo, Elijah Thomas, Carlton Bragg and Montaque Gill-Caesar.

Marian Catholic set a school record for wins by going 29-4 last year and reached its first Class 4A supersectional.

“We have every starter back. We lost one kid that graduated, but the nucleus of our team is back,” Taylor said. “It is a small, fast team. They are really fun to watch play. They are all good friends who play well together. I think fans will enjoy seeing them.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      Padukacat -
      Thanks Larry, i havent seen the schedule yet for the event, but i plan on going since i live about 2 miles from the school. I actually was told i would get free tix to this if i bought chair seat season tix for the HS bball games, but thats not going to happen. Hopefully they will offer us tickets to our chair seat before they go public, out of the kindness of their hearts...
      jazyd -
      Better take your dad. Marshall is 2 miles from you, thought you were in Lone Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
      Thanks Larry, i havent seen the schedule yet for the event, but i plan on going since i live about 2 miles from the school. I actually was told i would get free tix to this if i bought chair seat season tix for the HS bball games, but thats not going to happen. Hopefully they will offer us tickets to our chair seat before they go public, out of the kindness of their hearts...
      Critter -
      Same promoter....different venue. He will do Marshall County Hoopfest in December and this one in McCracken in January. Brand new area for new Class 6A school.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
      Better take your dad. Marshall is 2 miles from you, thought you were in Lone Oak
  • KSR Twitter Feed