Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Re: Kentucky Football Commitments 2014

This one includes all 25 commitments (includes Tyre Brady, Michael Mathis).

Comments 10 Comments
      BigBlueBrock -
      So the class is "full" at 25. What's that mean for prospects we're still recruiting?
      UKFlounder -
      we only signed 23 last year so we can sign up to 27 this year. (If we had signed 25 last year, we could only sign 25 this year.)
      BigBlueBrock -
      Gotcha. Thanks, UKHalibut.
      Darrell KSR -
      I don't think that will be the "makeup" of the signees, anyway (although the bulk of them, yes.) But it's what we have today, and a good group.
      Terry Blue -
      Just remember we may take more than 27 committments as we're likely to have some defections or academic no shows
      UKFlounder -
      Maybe more commitments, but I think that 27 is the most we can actually sign with the SEC rule changes from a couple of years ago. Even if we sign a kid and he does not qualify, I don't think we can replace his scholarship, even next year - it still counts as one of the signees for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      Just remember we may take more than 27 committments as we're likely to have some defections or academic no shows
      Terry Blue -
      I think 27 is the most signees we can have for sure. Do we save schlarships for:Elam, Berrios, Baker?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      I think 27 is the most signees we can have for sure. Do we save schlarships for:Elam, Berrios, Baker?
      We will make room.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
      dan_bgblue -
      I trust the staff for the mix of players on the list, but personally, I would have loved to have seen a few more big uglies on the defensive side.
      UKFlounder -
      A couple more LBs OT O-linemen would have been nice too, but if Meant and Hyde redshirt, that may be a nice pair of d- linemen to start with.

The WR corps was so depleted we had to get several, and the same goes for defensive backs. Tough to build a roster in just one class