Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Inauspicious Debut

The Mark Stoops era got off to a for less than desirable start. We know that there are some prevailing pitfalls he as a new coach will have to over come. And especially taking over a team that posted a 2-10 season in 2012. There are some questions needing BBN to get some answers to as well as some for Stoops and his staff.

We Know: This group of players did not answer the call when it came to excitement. Stoops said this was one area of disappointment.
    Doubt no Doubt: As young as this team is it needs to have self starters emerge.

We Know: The Wildcats fielded 11 first time starters - five on offense and six on defense. The most since 1993.
    Doubt no Doubt: How quick can this group grow up?

We Know: "We know we got to be more aggressive, no question," Avery Williamson said. "We've got to make more tackles. Some guys had the first game jitters."
    Doubt no Doubt: Tackling was very poor in light of the fact there were numerous missed tackles.

We Know: The offensive line suffered from what I call the '(Kris) Comstock Jitters Syndrome.' In the season of 1998 Comstock was building a resume for the next level. In the Outback Bowl game against Penn State their defensive end Courtney Brown had Comstock jumping around like the police was coming. He had four false starts and the bottom fell right out of his Pro hopes.
    Doubt no Doubt: Western's outside rush made the UK offensive tackles look bad and especially the highly touted left tackle Darrian Miller. "We've got to make sure we are more disciplined," Raymond Sanders said.

We Know: The quarterback couldn't get comfortable in the pocket.
    Doubt no Doubt: Offense couldn't get into a rhythm. How good is the offensive line?

We Know: If know if not a quarterback controversy there are question the staff have to settle.
    Doubt no Doubt: The 'no confidence' call on third-and-nine on third down at the 12:50 mark of the third quarter was the old Arsenio Hall's, "things that make you go.... ummmm." Needing to score coming out of the locker room to grab the momentum, around mid-field a run was called .

We Know: Senior WKU linebacker Andrew Jackson backed up his trash talking.
    Doubt no Doubt: Given several false-start penalties was the UK offensive line intimidated?

We Know: UK missed a extra point to eliminate any chance of a victory,
    Doubt no Doubt: That is demoralizing and can't happen again.

We Know: Fans will boo anybody. Stoops said that part of him wanted to boo, too.
    Doubt no Doubt: Stoops has been saying publicly and privately Rome wasn't built in a day.

We Know: Did Stoops give off a false impression of his team in the post-practice interviews?
    Doubt no Doubt: Over the last third of the practice sessions the coach was lauding the player for a good practice. Another Arsenio Hall thing that makes you go.... 'ummmm.'

We Know: in todays presser we will here the coach say that after looking at the film he wasn't quite as distraught. They did more good things in the game than first realized.
    Doubt no Doubt: Rewind the tape from 2012. We don't need to here any of that and the aforementioned. Just show the fans on the field.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny.

It is going to be a rough year for W's and L's, but here's hoping we'll see improved play. I'm betting we will.
      jazyd -
      Darrell, we will and I am betting some new starters. I hope he doesn't burn some redshirts, next year is more important

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Thanks, Lonny.

It is going to be a rough year for W's and L's, but here's hoping we'll see improved play. I'm betting we will.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
      Darrell, we will and I am betting some new starters. I hope he doesn't burn some redshirts, next year is more important
      Agreed. I like him giving young kids opportunities if they are truly better, but long term best interests are served with redshirting as many of those as we can.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
      anderwt -
      Maybe if we would have let Joker have one more year Lonny, things would be different. He did say the talent was one year away
  • KSR Twitter Feed