Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes 8/28/13

As we draw nearer to kickoff the news coming out of the UK camp seems to be positive and upbeat.

* Stoops said he's feeling good about his team and where they are and he said they are getting healthy.
    * He has made a decision on game-day attire. They will wear a sports coat, Khaki pants, and button down shirts. Tie is optional.
    * Stoops and Brown reminded that there was not a touchdown pass returning on the team.
    * Both Daryl Collins and A. J. Legree was reminded by Coach Brown a couple of days ago.
    * In addition to competing with their teammates Legree said - "We were reminded of that a couple of day ago. "We are competing for that, too.
    * Collins said the competition between himself and Ryan Timmons force him to elevate his game.
    * Ditto for Legree in competition with Javess Blue.
    * Legree said the workout regimen has made him more muscular and significantly quicker. "Actually the training is like nothing I've ever done before," he said. "In the past we pulled the sled and lifted weights. Now we are doing realistic stuff. Like things we would be doing in the games.
    * Collins said he's not a burner but he would not be caught from behind.
    * Stoops said the quarterbacks have been very sharp especially this week.
    * Stoops said he is going to talk to the QB's tonight about the starting roll.
    * Stoops said the fact they have held Raymond Sanders back in some of the scrimmages. Has that made Jonathan George someone he can depend on? Stoops said - "I feel good about Jonathan. He think he's done some really good thing. He's been very dedicated. He's played very physical so we feel good about both od those guys."
    * Stoops said that if you look at Neal Brown at Texas Tech he's even more balanced than you think. "We have to run the ball and that's a big emphasis for me being a defensive guy even through all of our practice's. We're going to run the ball and learn how to play defense that way." Stoops said that if you don't run it in practice it's just going to hurt you in the long run. He said with that he's been pleased and they are physical.
    * The receivers spend time after each practice catching tennis balls from a machine and between now and the game they will catch thousands of tennis balls.
    * Coach Brown said their receivers are getting better. "There's days that they make me want to pull my hair but overall they've been a fun group to coach. They've been diligent and I think they've gotten better as we've gone along."
    * Brown said George was the best player on offense in both of their scrimmages. The coach said - "He's a hard nosed kid; was physical; broke tackles; I've got a lot of trust in him."
    * Brown said they will script the beginning of the game and in the red zone and on third down.
    Comments 5 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks Lonny. That is a ton of info. Going to be an interesting game to watch
      CGWildcat -
      thanks!! Good stuff to read!
      CitizenBBN -
      * He has made a decision on game-day attire. They will wear a sports coat, Khaki pants, and button down shirts. Tie is optional.

If it's a navy blazer he's just picked the "Lexington Uniform". Not as common as it was 20 years ago, but at one time it was a city ordnance to wear that outfit, with loafers of course.
      VirginiaCat -
      Sounds like my Keeneland uniform back in the day Chuck...
      Jimcats -
      Blue blazer and khaki pants is still the uniform most common throughout the nation (world?). Looks dressy w/o gaudy and messy. I like. I also like leaving the tie optional, something that's being done more and more in the business world. In fact, I can't think of anything this staff has done that I don't like. Now to the games.....
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post