Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Stoops and Brown on the Quarterbacks

The closer we get to the game the quarterback picture comes more and more into focus. Stoops said they (he, Brown and Mainord) and will make the decision but ultimately it will be his call who gets the starting nod. "We plan on playing both of those guys but we're going going to set anything in stone," Stoops emphatically stated. "If the first guys goes in there and is doing very well we'll let him go." We asked the coach whether game action will be used to create that seperation they've been looking for? "Yeah, I think it, I think it will. When we go forward with that plan and what we're going to do and the first quarterback, we'll see how they will do."

The head coach and the offensive coordinator appeared to be on the same page with the quarterback use. We asked Brown virtually the same question we ask Stoops. He responded by saying - "Yeah, I think so. You only find out a certain amount in practice. We'll go in and whoever the starter is we give him some rope. I anticipate playing both quarterbacks but obviously if one quarterback comes in and he performs well we are not going to take somebody out that's playing well."
    Comments 8 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Not sure how I feel about two QBs playing on a regular basis, but soon to find out.
      BigBlueBrock -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Not sure how I feel about two QBs playing on a regular basis, but soon to find out.
      If we have two playing on a regular basis, that's an issue. If we have one getting most of the play time, with another coming in for certain plays, that's fine.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
      If we have two playing on a regular basis, that's an issue. If we have one getting most of the play time, with another coming in for certain plays, that's fine.
      Agreed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
      Terry Blue -
      Probably good they're saying if the starter is hot, he won't be replaced, thereby signaling we could have a one qb system till he gets injured or plays poorly
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
      Two QBs is seldom a good sign. Maybe for one or two games but needs to be determined sometime in the Miami U game.
      ajp40505 -
      I think them saying both QBs will play is more to confuse Western than anything. Whitlow will start and if he's having a good game, I doubt Max will even play unless we are comfortably ahead in the 4th qtr.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by ajp40505 View Post
      I think them saying both QBs will play is more to confuse Western than anything.
      Yup. Stoops basically admitted that today.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
      Terry Blue -
      Stoops said today that both are very good players. It's good to hear that evidently Max's shoulder has held up so far. I think Jalen will start, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if #11 trotted out there first either
  • KSR Twitter Feed