Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• "Go Big....Gray?" A look at UK "new" football uniform and helmet

Matt Elam tweeted this pic.

I heard it was a prototype. But is this a true new UK football uniform and helmet? Are we going to gray?

Does "Go Big Gray" have the same ring to it? GBG!

Comments 36 Comments
      BigBlueBrock -
      LOVE IT!!!! That helmet is SICK! Very very nice alternate jersey, IMO.

Though I can't wait till we lose the Secretariat checker pattern. Been looking at that on basketball and football jerseys for five years now and I was never a fan to start with.
      BigBlueBrock -
      I'm guessing the assortment of tiny helmets represent the places the staff has coached/played in the past.
      UKFlounder -
      I think that helmet is as ugly, dull and unattractive as any I have seen. I guess we all have different tastes, lol
      badrose -
      I like it. Looks like 'getting down to business.'
      Bakert -
      I'm not sure why different is better. Alabama has been recruiting and winning over the past few years like nobody and they still play in the same old plain uniforms they always have. It's substance, not style, that wins. And don't give me the " the kids think it's cool" argument because any kid that has uniform style anywhere above #152 on their list of criteria for choosing a school doesn't deserve to be recruited. Yes, I am old and curmudgeonly. :-)
      Krank -
      If it's going to be such a dark gray, there should be more blue in the logo design IMO.
      blue2ksr -
      I think the blue helmets we've worn in the past would look better with that gray jersey, personally.

I'd like to see the "checks" go too.
      KSRBEvans -
      What? They couldn't throw in some green, yellow or brown, too?
      Darrell KSR -
      My recommendations if they want to go with something like that.

a) Lose the checkerboard. Thought it looked ok on basketball shorts, nothing else. And not a huge fan of it there.

b) Need to somehow include blue on the interlocking UK if you're going to go with a gray helmet. Or I wonder what it would look like with a power K in blue, broadly outlined in white? Probably horrible; I'm not good at these kind of things. But although I personally like the gray, I'm not a fan of abandoning school colors.
      Kacat -
      It's a prototype. They have a couple other helmets they are looking at as well.
      BigBlueBrock -
      A reflective blue interlocking UK on the helmet would look outstanding, IMO.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
      A reflective blue interlocking UK on the helmet would look outstanding, IMO.
      Yeah, that would be sharp.
      kingcat -
      If the young folks like it I'm fine with it. As long as the UK shows up. I would like the blue outline to be wider on the numbers
      KMSBball -
      Ugly. Don't like the gray. If they want to do something different use black. And helmets should be white or blue. The pictured helmet is hideous IMO.
      blue2ksr -
      Quote Originally Posted by KMSBball View Post
      Ugly. Don't like the gray. If they want to do something different use black. And helmets should be white or blue. The pictured helmet is hideous IMO.
      looks like primer for a car......

BigBlueBrock -
      Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
      looks like primer for a car......

i love matte paint on cars

blue2ksr -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
      i love matte paint on cars

Matte Jones paints cars??

jazyd -
      Grey is a big color now with schools but I don't like that. School colors are blue/white. And I agree with bakert, if they are coming for the uniform, go somewhere else. come because of staff, facilities, school, education, opportunity but because of a uniform tells me they don't have much between the ears. Ala, LSU, UF, UGA, ND, USoCal, Mich all traditional. UGA tried it one game, threw it away or burned it. Look at the helmets in the background, blue..white. grey should be an accent color and nothing more.

UK is University of Kentucky
      school colors blue/white.
      anything else is someone else.
      BigBlueBrock -
      Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
      Matte Jones paints cars??

haha, but seriously this thing is just pure sex

Terry Blue -
      I don't like it but black and now gray seem to get their target audience (recruits) excited, so if it helps us get a few more four star guys, they can wear pink I guess
  • KSR Twitter Feed