Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mudiay Interview: "Cal Texts Me Every Day, No Fans Like UK, I Hear They're Crazy"

link:

Darryl
    Comments 6 Comments
      badrose -
      It's true. So very, very true.
      Bakert -
      Darryl, it it's true that Josh Perkins is likely to commit in August if offered, would you offer and take his commitment then vs waiting on Mudiay or Jones?

While I realize that rankings are at best ordinal and maybe not even that, it's also the case that a guy like Perkins who is in ESPN's top 25 has to be pretty good. I've not quite understood why you would wait for someone who might be better, but not necessarily significantly better and take a chance on whiffing. Maybe Cal believes that Hawkins would be serviceable for one year if necessary?
      Darryl -
      Tom, I agree with you. Recruiting for a profession would drive me crazy. Perkins would be GREAT for this 2014-15 team. Best passer the last 10 years (according to Meyer) dishing
      off to Towns, maybe Myles Turner, Young, Vaughn, etc. That team would be a machine

Perkins is on record as wanting to play with Mudiay. Get him now, IMO.

As for Tyus Jones, if he ends up anywhere but Duke, color me shocked.

Darryl
      CitizenBBN -
      Yeah, but it's the good crazy.
      dan_bgblue -
      Perkins is on record as wanting to play with Mudiay. Get him now, IMO.
      Unless the staff sees some kind of numbers issue that we can not see, I fully agree.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      Darryl, it it's true that Josh Perkins is likely to commit in August if offered, would you offer and take his commitment then vs waiting on Mudiay or Jones?

While I realize that rankings are at best ordinal and maybe not even that, it's also the case that a guy like Perkins who is in ESPN's top 25 has to be pretty good. I've not quite understood why you would wait for someone who might be better, but not necessarily significantly better and take a chance on whiffing. Maybe Cal believes that Hawkins would be serviceable for one year if necessary?
      We are not getting Jones. I believe (strongly) that Cal prefers Mudiay to Jones, or anybody else. Mudiay is more his type of guard and really the perfect idea of what Cal is looking for in a lead guard.
      I say offer Perkins though. If he commits then you need to convince Mudiay that a Wall/Bledsoe situation works and works well. Not a hard argument to make based on the results. EM can play off the ball if need be, or be part of a 1-2 punch with Perkins. I'd love to have them both along with Hawkins. Its a formidable trio.
  • KSR Twitter Feed