Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• UK facilties pleasant surprise for Davis twins

Kentucky has announced plans for major renovations to Commonwealth Stadium in the next few years, but twins Chris and Demitrious Davis who are transferring from Pittsburgh to UK have no complaints about the current facilities.

“I was surprised, for sure, at the facilities. I was not expecting nothing like that. They have top of the line facilities,” Chris Davis said.

“Absolutely, the facilities surprised,” Demitrious Davis said. “They were 10 times better than what we had seen. It was just a good atmosphere. I liked the whole campus. It was just a great place to be with great facilities.

“Everywhere we went there were Kentucky fans showing us love. I could sense a hungry coaching staff that wants to get more and more going. They are trying to turn things around and get on the winning track and from all I saw, they can do it.”

Former UK All-American receiver Derek Abney, who came to UK from Wisconsin, said talk of facilities is just that — talk.

“At the beginning, you might talk about facilities in recruiting, but the talk quickly turns to coaches and style of play and, obviously, results,” Abney said. “There has not been an opportunity for results for (Mark) Stoops yet, but the style of play is big and the past coaching results are there.

“For me, if I was going to use facilities as an excuse not to have good players or become a good player, that is pretty weak. You don’t need perfect facilities to be a good player.”

Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown, who also played at UK, praised former coach Rich Brooks for “laying the foundation” for success.

“A lot of our recruiting success is due to Rich. Before he got here, there was no chance to recruit like this now,” Brown said. “We don’t have the best facilities in the conference now, but we have facilities that at least give us a chance to recruit the best players and that’s what we are doing.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      Great stuff Larry.

Former UK All-American receiver Derek Abney, who came to UK from Wisconsin, said talk of facilities is just that — talk.
      “At the beginning, you might talk about facilities in recruiting, but the talk quickly turns to coaches and style of play and, obviously, results,” Abney said. “There has not been an opportunity for results for (Mark) Stoops yet, but the style of play is big and the past coaching results are there.
      “For me, if I was going to use facilities as an excuse not to have good players or become a good player, that is pretty weak. You don’t need perfect facilities to be a good player.”

Amen. They're a good thing to have, but hardly a necessary or sufficient condition for success. A great coaching staff is the key, and I think we have one.
      Terry Blue -
      I hope they recognize the "Ole Man" sometime this season. What about naming the new recruiting room after him
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post