Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Ashely Lowery recovering; staff optimistic

Safety Ashely Lowery, who was seriously injured in an automobile accident May 4 in Georgia during a visit home, is back on campus taking classes. He did not suffer any brain damage, but did hurt his neck, left wrist, hip and right leg in the single-car crash.

“I saw him two days ago,” Brown said. “He has lost some weight. He has some scars on his arm. He is lucky to be walking around. He is eager. I think he is feeling better. He is taking classes, but he is not working out yet.
    “Talk about a kid who is super appreciative of the support and well wishes he had from Kentucky fans. He hand wrote everyone back who sent him card.”

Will Lowery play again?
    “I think we are cautiously optimistic,” Brown said.
    Comments 6 Comments
      dtalbersjr -
      Excellent news. I hope for his sake he's able to play again, but by all accounts he's lucky to be alive. Great to hear he's going to be OK.
      dan_bgblue -
      I'm very happy for him that he is recovering, and I also hope to see him on the field this fall.

Thanks very much for the update
      truecatsfan -
      Has anybody heard anything about him redshirting this year.
      MickintheHam -
      Thanks for the update, Larry!
      Padukacat -
      So what was the cause of the accident, any funny business? Wasnt it at odd hours. Glad hes ok and no disrespect by asking just curious.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
      So what was the cause of the accident, any funny business? Wasnt it at odd hours. Glad hes ok and no disrespect by asking just curious.
      Every college kid I know considers what we call "odd" hours to be normal. Haven't heard anything untoward, though. Doubt we will ever know the cause of the accident, since he does not remember it.
  • KSR Twitter Feed