Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Blaylock twins' younger brother a special talent

Daron Blaylock

Georgia twins Daron and Zack Blaylock both played as true freshmen for Kentucky last year and both expect to be key contributors in the secondary this season. However, they may not be as talented as their 12-year-old brother, Dominick.

The younger Blaylock won the “fastest man” competition in Cooperstown, N.Y., recently by run the 70-foot bases in 12.5 seconds. He also won the competition at age 10.

“He is Cooperstown’s only two time champion and his cleats will be displayed in the Cooperstown Youth Hall of Fame,” said John Woods, the Blaylocks stepfather.

Dominick Blaylock was in Cooperstown playing with a traveling baseball team. But that’s not his only sport.

“He also got invited to the FBU Top Gun Football Camp in July. FBU runs the Army All-American for High School and East Bay All-American for Middle School Game. Dominick got invited last year as a sixth grader to participate with the seventh graders and performed very well,” Woods said.

Woods noted that Walton High School in Marietta, Ga., has numerous players now playing Division I football as well as several Division I prospects on the team now, including cornerback D.J. Smith who has a scholarship offer from Kentucky.

“I have been told Dominick will the starting tailback as a ninth grader,” Woods said. “He will definitely be a four-star player, maybe five-star. He is definitely a special kid.

“Every time you see him, he has on a Kentucky T-shirt. He’s a big Kentucky fan. I don’t know if (UK offensive coordinator) Neal Brown will still be around in five years, but if he is Dominick is the kind of give you give the ball. I really think he is going to be even better than a kid like (UK signee Ryan) Timmons. He’s that good already.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      Big Kentucky fan. Love to hear that.
  • KSR Twitter Feed