Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Four Released no Surprise

Bookie Cobbins

- Bookie has had a history of academic difficulties since he's been at UK. He came to UK with a heavy cajun accent that would not have translated at qb.

- Sources said shortly after spring practice Demarius Rancifer they were dissapointed with Rancifer that he couldn't play to the level of being able to help them.

- Demarcus is a hurtful loss because he had the ability to develop into a productive receiver. But he has struggled academically since he's been here. Remember he had problems during spring practice.

- Don't be surprised if there are more defections, namely a key defensive back who is on shaky groud academically.

- Sources say that Stoops is equally dissapointed with Glenn Faulkner's play. He is now healthy and perhaps he was overrated coming from Illinois.
    Comments 11 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Hell Lonny, there were more than these that disappointed me! Stoops staff can evaluate talent.
      anderwt -
      Interesting that were finding disclipine issues with joker's players haha
      Terry Blue -
      When you think about the few 4 star players we got pre Stoops, not many panned out
      blueboss -
      When an alpha lion takes over a pride he too will eat any young that he did not sire.
      jazyd -
      Cajun accent at QB is fine, remember Bobby Herbert with the saints, it's the ethnic accent that is tough
      LarryVaught1 -
      Faulkner likely will not be back. Could be another academic casualty or two also. All these departures have been a given for several weeks
      anderwt -
      While stoops has great momentum in recruiting and I'm actually pretty excited about the future ... your about to see though this summer and unfortunately this upcoming season how awful of a job Joker Phillips did as the UK football coach..
      KeithKSR -
      I had hoped that Bookie would develop into a Randall Cobb type player that could be used in the Wildcat at QB, in the slot or wide as a receiver, kick returner, and even stuck in the backfield to keep teams off balance. I never saw him as a full time QB.

I had hoped that DeMarcus would embrace the opportunity that comes with a new staff and flourish under their tutelage.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      While stoops has great momentum in recruiting and I'm actually pretty excited about the future ... your about to see though this summer and unfortunately this upcoming season how awful of a job Joker Phillips did as the UK football coach..
      Hopefully Stoops and company can coach up those that do return. The offense should have been much better last year than the product we saw on the field.

You can have a garage full of tools, but if you can't use them for a task as simple as changing your car's oil they are wasted gathering dust. Others can take a few tools, tear down an engine and rebuild it.

Joker underperformed with the tools he had, the hope for next season is Stoops and his staff are shade tree mechanics.
      ajp40505 -
      I'm sure there are several folks on the message boards shocked at Lonny's comment about Glenn Faulkner. Those are the folks who can't see beyond a 4 star ranking and disregard how the kid actually performs in practice and on the field. Just yesterday I read a post where someone predicted that Faulkner would start and be the star of the secondary. Once a kid steps on the campus and starts to compete, whatever ranking he had in high school is meaningless.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      Like we really need any more reminders??
      And not saying that to be argumentative, just an observation. You've been pretty much right about most of the things you've said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed