Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Cleveland Wins Lottery Pick #1; Almost Assuredly Will Pick Noel

2nd pick will be Orlando, 3rd pick will be Washington.

Darryl
    Comments 25 Comments
      dtalbersjr -
      That really sucks. The owner of the Cavs is a complete buffoon. He refused to surround LeBron with any talent at all, then acted like a 3 year old when LeBron rightfully left. I hate that Nerlens will have to play for him.

Everyone will say they have a good nucleus and that there's a chance LeBron will come back when his contract's up, but I don't buy it. That owner will screw it up somehow.
      Philly Cat -
      It will all work out when LeBron makes his triumphant return to Cleveland after his Miami contract expires. Miami will be decimated, and Cleveland will have good young talent to surround him.
      brianw508 -
      Cleveland winning 2 of last 3 Years really upsets nba fans. It seems rigged. Dan Gilbert is a baby and gets his way. I'm sure he was promised things like this when lebron left. We all know the 85 lottery was fixed
      dtalbersjr -
      I don't think it seems rigged. Why would the NBA reward Cleveland and especially Gilbert? He's an embarrassment.
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      I don't think it seems rigged. Why would the NBA reward Cleveland and especially Gilbert? He's an embarrassment.
      DT, you follow the NBA much closer than I do; do you think they will definitely go for Noel? Suely they won't pick Porter, will they?

Thanks, Darryl
      Terminus -
      Was selfishly hoping for Washington to see him paired with Wall, but hope he gets the deserved honor of being the No. 1 pick. I don't follow the NBA well enough to know team needs, but the talking heads seemed to think he'd be the choice. Best of luck to him regardless and whoever lands him will be getting a very special young man.
      dtalbersjr -
      I don't follow it that closely, but I've been reading about the draft speculation fairly closely because I really want Noel to end up in a great situation. Based on what I've read, I'd say it's very likely, but not a lock, that Noel goes #1. Chad Ford projects Noel, but says they could be very interested in Porter too.

Seen a tweet or two suggesting that the Cavs could be interested in trading back because they have two 1st round picks and cap space, but want to get good now. Not sure there'd be any demand for the #1 pick in a perceived bad draft. I love Nerlens, but can't say he's good enough that teams will trade up to get him.

To be fair, I think basketball wise the Cavs actually would be a good situation for Noel, so I hope that happens for him. I just hate that anything good happens for that owner.
      KeithKSR -
      Noel is an obvious number one pick.
      anderwt -
      Lebron will end up in LA...remember this post

As for Cleveland..I think they trade the pick.. Irving, while a lot better than I ever thought he would be , is injury prone.. I think Noel will be fine, but do you use the number one pick on a kid coming a major knee surgery??

Big thing you see is, Archie is going to slip out of the first round..
      ukpumacat -
      Noel is a great fit in Cleveland. Its either Noel or McLemore and they need Noel much worse. They also have the patience to wait.
      Bakert -
      Have a good friend who lives outside of Clevaland and is a big Cavs fan. He said the word he had been hearing is that they would trade the pick or take Porter.
      dtalbersjr -
      I wonder if the Wizards have any assets to trade up for the 1st pick. If Cleveland wants Porter they can get him at 3, and Wall, Beal and Noel would be a great nucleus.

One interesting thing I read is that teams at the top (meaning mainly Cleveland and Orlando) would be less hesitant to take Noel despite his injury because they wouldn't mind being bad this year to position themselves to get a good pick in next year's loaded draft.
      KentuckyWildcat -
      One interesting thing I read is that teams at the top (meaning mainly Cleveland and Orlando) would be less hesitant to take Noel despite his injury because they wouldn't mind being bad this year to position themselves to get a good pick in next year's loaded draft.
      I've wondered if anyone would think like this...Wasted year in a way, but basically a free draft pick.
      ukpumacat -

I don't think Cleveland will be at the top of the lottery again as long as Kyrie is healthy.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      I don't think Cleveland will pass on Noel, but if they do, I could see Orlando taking Trey Burke and Noel landing in Washington. Although, it seems like Orlando would take Noel.
      kingcat -
      Nerlens will excel in the NBA as a rookie imo. I thinks he is much, much better than we realize...and, well I just have a special feeling about him
      JPScott -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      I don't think Cleveland will pass on Noel, but if they do, I could see Orlando taking Trey Burke and Noel landing in Washington. Although, it seems like Orlando would take Noel.
      It was said a few weeks ago that if Orlando had gotten the #1 pick they would have traded it because they have a young center already and don't feel they need Noel. (The other team who wouldn't have taken Noel with the top pick was New Orleans IIRC).

Given that, I don't see Orlando using a #2 pick on Noel. Either they go with the guy in the draft they really want or if they see some value from a trade, send the pick to a team that wants Noel.
      wes011 -
      If Orlando can grade down and still get their guy they would be smart to trade down because they spend less money which gives more cap space.
      HerbTarlek -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      Lebron will end up in LA...remember this post

As for Cleveland..I think they trade the pick.. Irving, while a lot better than I ever thought he would be , is injury prone.. I think Noel will be fine, but do you use the number one pick on a kid coming a major knee surgery??

Big thing you see is, Archie is going to slip out of the first round..
      Nope. Life's too good in South Beach, and there's no state income tax, which, over the course of a max deal, makes a substantial difference in total pay. Its exactly the reason Tiger left California, and one of the reasons its such an attractive place for athletes to play and live.
      jazyd -
      And let's add the lakers won't have anyone left. High cost of living in Cal vs the life in S Fl, easy decision to make plus Riley at the helm. Lebron took less money to get a championship team out together. Lakers are dead for now

QUOTE=HerbTarlek;89126]Nope. Life's too good in South Beach, and there's no state income tax, which, over the course of a max deal, makes a substantial difference in total pay. Its exactly the reason Tiger left California, and one of the reasons its such an attractive place for athletes to play and live.[/QUOTE]
  • KSR Twitter Feed