Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Wildcat Baseball Looks to Rebound

The Wildcats return to Shivley after a seven game road stretch. Going 2-7 was not a pleasant experience for the Cat baseball team. However taking two out of three from Ole Miss was confidence lifter for Coach Gary Henderson's team.

The Wildcats went through a similar stretch last season only less severe than this year. That doesn't lighten the discouragement of losing eleven out of the last fifteen. Kentucky now enjoys a eight game stetch at home. Henderson was asked if the two wins at Ole Miss might have saved the season confidence-wise? "I don't know," the coach said seeming trying not to put that much emphasis on it. "I think any time you have a dissapointing weekenf the next one is really important. I've felt that way for a long time. I think every weekend is the most important weekend of the year. We still have a chance to do everything we set out to do but we've got to play well."

One of his highly touted starting pitchers Jared Grundy has had a rough time over the last several starts. Henderson said he has been missing high in the strike zone. "He's doing it at very,very inoppertune times. He healthy, he's a great kid but not nearly as consistent as the first eight weeks.

Conversely, starting pitcher Corey Littrell has been the backbone of the starting staff. The coach addressed the problems that Austin Cousino has had. He explained - "I think his approached is getting better. You know he's not getting paid for it yet. He's had some good at bats and had some balla that's hit hard and caught. Henderson said I like where he's at in his recent approach. "He's swinging at better pitches. I think he like anybody that's in a slump. He's trying to do too much trying to expand the strike zone - maybe for him doing a little too much guessing."

The next six SEC games could determine the UK fate for this season but the good new is they are all at home. They have #14 Arkansas for three and then #2 Vanderbilt for three. In that stretch the bullpen will play a very important part. Chandler Shepard from Louisa, Kentucky is not looking to replace Trevor Gott but Shepard being there to step into that roll and being there has to give Gott some confidence in getting his mojo back.

Corey Littrell has been almost lights out in the rubber match of the weekend. The coach was asked what was his appeal? "I think the kids have confidence in him. "He can pitch on any of the three days but he certainly worked well in that spot for me." He said that wasn't his plan going into the year but you know the old cliche "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
    Comments 4 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Lonny is there any talk of moving Cody into the spot now occupied by Grundy
      Darrell KSR -
      Yep .
      LonnyDemaree -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Lonny is there any talk of moving Cody into the spot now occupied by Grundy
      Ironically coach Henderson was asked thar very question and was Somewhat coy with his answer.
      Darrell KSR -
      Lonny, UK announced today that Cody would take Grundy's spot Saturday.
  • KSR Twitter Feed