Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Warford hopes to see mom again soon, has not seen her since 2007

By: LARRY VAUGHT

One thing Larry Warford wants to do once he gets established with a NFL team is get to see his mother again.

Colene Warford lives in Samoa and he has not seen her since 2007. She never got to see him play in person during his four-year career at Kentucky or his two years at Madison Central High School.

“I haven’t seen my mother since 2007 so I am planning on going to see her in the next two years. Hopefully, I can bring her back, even if it is just for a little bit,” said Warford. “Bring her to some of my games.

“The last time she saw me play was 2006 actually. It was my (high school) sophomore season in California. She saw that game and she hasn’t seen my play since. Having her at one of my games would be amazing to me.”

Warford admits not being able to see her has been difficult for him.

“It has been really tough. I want her around to see what I have been doing with my life and how I have been growing up and maturing as a person,” the UK offensive guard said.

“The last time she saw me I was still a kid and running around doing crazy stuff.

“I have changed a whole bunch since then and she hasn’t gotten to see that. I have been keeping in touch with her but actual physical contact with her has been hard not having her here. She tells me to keep strong and keep working and doing what I love. I am planning on bringing her back soon.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      UKHistory -
      I am a momma's boy (more everyday as she gets older) but hearing someone has not seen their mom in six years just really tears at me. The Pacific territories are a long way away and quite expensive so I more than understand.

But it touches me to read that. Articles like this remind us that the guys are people first before athletes or students.
      suncat05 -
      Yes, I emphathize with him on that as well. I hate it for him that he was such a good player on such bad teams while in school @ Kentucky.
      uklandrn -
      I haven't seen Alec in person since June of 2012. Every day he is away my soul dies a little. I know he is doing well - we talk on the phone - and I am more proud of him than I can say - but a mom is always a mom - and having your baby far away is very hard. I hope Larry and his Mom get to have a wonderful reunion very soon. I also hope Alec gets to visit me here in Seattle very soon. It has been too long!
  • KSR Twitter Feed