Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Josh Clemons Raises the Level of the 2013 Recruiting Class

By: LONNY DEMAREE

What are you alluding to Mr. Writer? I'm glad you asked. Clemons played in six games in 2011 and started in three. Depending on what recruiting service you look at and more importantly opposing high school coaches you listen to, Clemons was second only to Isaiah Crowell coming out of the Georgia high schools as a running back. Crowell went to the University of Georgia where he amassed over 800-yards. After one season Crowell was dismissed from the team. Clemons' high three-star ranking could've very easily been a four-star if he went to a power rather than Kentucky.

The point is Clemons being a combination of speed and strength a valuable addition for this year's team. He was one of the top five shot putter's in the state of Georgia his senior year. His track career was a blend of shot put, 100-meter dash, and the relay events. Clemons owns the longest run from scrimmage (87-yards) in Commonwealth Stadium history and the longest ever as a freshman in UK history.

Given the short career so for at UK and none at all in the 2012 season. He can be considered a new recruitwith maturity in the 2013 class. What an addition for Mark Stoops and Neal Brown for their version of the air-raid. Before the split-quads for the spring game, the long-time football aficionado's were giddy about what they witnessed in the last major scrimmage before the spring game. The fans got glimpses of that shiftiness in the game when on several occasions he made would be tacklers miss.

"I'm just glad I don't have to run everything in the middle now," a eager Clemons said. He can now get out in space and use his speed and moves to run the football. So look for Clemons to hit paydirt a few times this season.
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Nice report Lonny. I am looking forward to seeing him get loose in the defensive backfield
      Terry Blue -
      Looked good in Spring Game and probably still trying to shake the rust off
      kingcat -
      Thanks Mayor.
  • KSR Twitter Feed