Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Alex Poythress (VIDEO): Was a tough decision to return

Comments 9 Comments
      cattails -
      What I heard was a mature growing leader type person, big change from last year, this is a good thing.
      Darrell KSR -
      Agree, cattails. I won't be surprised if he's in the starting lineup all season.
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Agree, cattails. I won't be surprised if he's in the starting lineup all season.
      I loved the interview too and really like Alex a lot, but I have seen your comment shared by many others and my question remains the same... who will he send to the bench if he starts? Randle or Wiggins?
      Padukacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
      I loved the interview too and really like Alex a lot, but I have seen your comment shared by many others and my question remains the same... who will he send to the bench if he starts? Randle or Wiggins?
      Pg-an harrison
      Sg-wiggins
      Sf-poythress
      Pf-randle
      C-wcs

There you go, thats the tallest most powerful, most talented lineup ever put on a college floor. I didnt say the best shooting, but its all layups. And yes, wiggins will be in that sg spot often im guessing.
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
      Pg-an harrison
      Sg-wiggins
      Sf-poythress
      Pf-randle
      C-wcs

There you go, thats the tallest most powerful, most talented lineup ever put on a college floor. I didnt say the best shooting, but its all layups. And yes, wiggins will be in that sg spot often im guessing.
      Nice logic, PC. Still, I believe the twins will not be split up, Poy comes off the bench, and subs for both Randle and Wiggins, giving him "starter's minutes".

I could be wrong though.
      Padukacat -
      Nice logic, PC. Still, I believe the twins will not be split up, Poy comes off the bench, and subs for both Randle and Wiggins, giving him "starter's minutes".

I could be wrong though.
      I agree, i think thats likely as the season moves on for sure. Aaron just had a bad tourney, he will do fine, and unlike the idiot Hoop summit coach im sure Cal will use the brothers chemistry to his advantage.

I think you could see some crazy lineups in games early on while Cal tinkers with it. He has options like he has never had or likely may never have again. I mean seriously, 9 NBA players and likely 8 of them are first rounders!
      cattails -
      Don't really see starting as important, if a player is productive he gets minutes, if several are productive they have no need to hold any energy in reserve, there is a man on the bench ready to come in and lose nothing. If we get Wiggins we will have shared minutes no matter who starts. Wiggins makes this a perfect team and if any player does not bring it, they will set. The hardest games will be the ones where they play against each other, which will only make the real games that much easier.
      cattails -

I could be wrong though.
      Krank you can name names as to who comes off the bench, but there are a few more players that may have something to say about that. It will be a battle for playing time and I look for a lot of shared minutes.
      Krank -
      I agree with your points, CT, especially about it not mattering who starts (from a fan perspective in particular). Having said that, it seems to matter to Coach Calipari, going on recent history.

My original point being that, of all the incoming (and/or "potentially incoming") players on next year's team, Randle, Wiggins, and Andrew Harrison seem LEAST likely to be bumped from a starting lineup. I just think those three, in particular, are as rock solid as it gets to be starters.

I could be wrong, but when a guy is said to be "best since LeBron" (anyone else a tad skeptical of that rather lofty perch that Wiggins has been placed upon?), it seems unlikely that an underachieving Freshman Poythress would return an overachieving Sophomore, ready to unseat such a talent.

As for Randle, to me, the only one who knocks him out of the starting lineup is... Karl Malone at age 22.
  • KSR Twitter Feed