Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Source: Wiggins might not be close to decision yet

What is Andrew Wiggins going to do? Is the Huntington (W.Va.) Prep standout going to pick Kentucky, Florida State, North Carolina or Kansas?

Wiggins has set no timetable for when he might pick a school, and a source close to him says that decision might not come quite as quickly as some are expecting from the nation's top-ranked prep player.

"I can make arguments for why he might pick any of his four final choices. At the end of the day I think that Andrew will choose based on his comfort level with the school and the coaches," the source said. "I have no idea how he's leaning. No one knows but Andrew and he may not know yet. I think it will still be some time before he's ready to announce a decision. He has some big games coming up and I think he will be focused on those for the next few weeks."

Wiggins will play in the McDonald's All-American Game in Chicago Wednesday. He has the Jordan Brand Classic and Nike Hoop Summit to follow later in April.

However, don't doubt that UK fans in the Huntington area could help influence Wiggins' decision.

"The BBN is alive and well in Huntington and the Tri-state area. I think even non-Kentucky fans would enjoy seeing Andrew at Kentucky because it will make it easy to follow him in college. Canada is his home but I think he has enjoyed his time in Huntington. I hope being close to his second home will be a plus in the Kentucky column," the source said.

"Andrew is well deserving of all the accolades he has received. He's a phenomenally skilled athlete and player. He makes big plays look easy. I've seen him play now for two years and am still amazed by what he does. It's fun to bring someone to a game who has never seen him and see their reactions. We will be watching Andrew Wiggins highlights for years to come. Off the court he's a sweetheart. Can't help but want to see him succeed."
    Comments 10 Comments
      Darryl -
      Larry, is this a different source than the one that has had you feeling so confident the last few months?

Thanks, Darryl
      Kacat -
      I don't think we will hear anything at or until the Jordan game. Noting like playing with the Harrison's and Randle to get a feel what it might be like.
      kingcat -
      So we're back to, we have a chance. I'm gonna just wish him well and not be overly concerned either way I believe. No one knows anything close to certain.

Seems all we have is a decent shot at Mr Wiggins at this point.

Thanks Larry
      Crazy4Blue -
      He may reevaluate his brother's Wichita State team the way they are whipping Ohio State.
      bluecat24 -
      I just don't understand the obsession with this kid. The players that we have coming back and with what we have coming in I think we will be just fine. Granted he may be the next Lebron but our season next year is not totally based on what he does.
      dan_bgblue -
      That is very true bluecat. The Cats will have a season and a good one regardless, but to use an example based on LeBron. Miami would be having a good season without him, but are having a great one because he is there.

I agree with you that Wiggins will not break UK's season, but I suspect it would be better if he were on the team. jmho
      TonyRay -
      It just could be the difference in maybe winning to being the greatest all-time. We will have a very good team either way but it also could be the difference in a rival have a piece that makes them a contender as well, call it big blue greed.
      Kacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by bluecat24 View Post
      I just don't understand the obsession with this kid. The players that we have coming back and with what we have coming in I think we will be just fine. Granted he may be the next Lebron but our season next year is not totally based on what he does.
      I don't know. This kid is not just any other player. We will be very good either way. But Wiggins makes this perhaps a once in a generation team.
      dan_bgblue -
      Larry V. you are the best at what you do. I get the feeling from your OP that the source is a family member or a neighbor maybe. Remember that the smoke screen in this recruitment is as good as it gets. I have never met anyone close to he Wiggins family, or his coach, but I do feel that Wiggins does know where he will play ball next year, and will let the rest of the world know when he is ready to make the smoke go away
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Dan, totally agree ....he knows

Right now Cal is already coaching each of the 6 Burger Boys on how exactly to handle interacting with AW next week in Chicago...i.e. Don't blow our lead......a guarantee that Cal will be in Chicago next Weds
  • KSR Twitter Feed