Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• High and Low Points of Scrimmage

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Today was the first time the Stoops addition of the UK football team had a full scale scrimmage and they felt like they got some good work in. There was some good and some not so good. They went about 140-plays

1) They got nobody hurt.

2) Stoops said the best thing of the day was the defense got some tunovers and some big stops.

3) Donte Rumph is getting shoulder surgery today and is expected to male a full recovery and be back in the fall.

4) We do some good things but its hard to sustain a 70 or 80-yard drive because we need more playmakers.

5) Just like you would expect the defense is further along than the offense.

6) Stoops said they are still dropping too many passes.

7) The coach said they have a long way to go. The aforementioned dropped passes, penalties, but he does like the tempo and the way the coaches are getting them in the right places. Not being mentally and physically tough enough to push your though bad situation.

8) While looking for leaders D. J. Eliot said he is pleased with the progress of safety Ashley Lowrey. He's made some plays and he's getting the defense lined up.

9) Eliot is pleased with grasp of the terminology and effort but they are just not where they want them to be in execution.

10) Avery Wiliamson said that he feels the advantage of practicing against this tempo offense should prepare them against teams that don't run this fast pace. And they should be in better shape than the other teams defense.

11) Williamson said the other guys beside himself they look to for leadership is Alvin Dupree and Khalid Henderson. He said Henderson is doing a good job in helping him with the calls.

12) Williamson said Raymond Sanders fits well in this offense because he short and you can't see him especially in screens and he is a hand full. "He got me good one time today," a smiling Williamson said referring to a juke and he left him.

13) Sanders got a laugh out of the Williamson comment and said he has to juke him because Avery is a great player and he doesn't want to get hit by him.

14) Sanders said his coach Chad Scott said he was six-foot walking around but in the game he became 5-foot-6 to get under the defender's pads. Sanders said that's what he has to do to get leaverage in blocking.

15) Sanders said the offense is simpler and it's making the calls is a lot easier.

16) Neal Brown said more positives than negatives. Pleased with tempo with the way they were approaching their work. Still not catching the ball and putting the ball in the ground. We are not an excuse making organization but this is the first day getting hit.

17) Brown said he's not going to really talk about those quarterbacks and how they are doing until after the spring game.

18) Brown said he somewhat surprised with the offensive line. Brown said they've got seven or eight linemen that are doing well. He said Darrian Miller is very good and they've got to keep pushing him to greatness. He likes Kevin Mitchell, Jordan Swindle, and even "Big Jack" (Brown said he's not going to attempt to call his last name) is making progress. Brown said he's not shocked that Miller is a good, he's just shocked at how good he can be. As for as blocker he included fulllback D. J. Warren being better than he showed on the film. He said those are some names that jump to the top of his head at the time.

19) Brown talking about the running backs in general, Dyshawn Mobley ran the ball extremely hard today. Josh Clemons went full-bore and said he's rusty but he showed some signs today.

20) Brown said Steven Borden is lining up at tight end, in the slot, and in the backfield and what they are trying to do with that is used the same personel groupings showing different formations and playing fast.
    Comments 5 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      Neal also bragged about the progress of Big Jack Gru. How neat would it be to have a 6'11 olineman out there! Said they had 7-8 guys that can play there. What I read was that he was very pleased with the TE's, saying they're catching the ball better than the wrs. Aumiller, Shields, Robinson,Borden all looking good
      LonnyDemaree -
      you've got that right. The tight end wll re-appear in the UK offense.
      suncat05 -
      The WR's not catching the ball has been a problem for Kentucky for the last several years. It sounds like the WR's will once again be a weakness. These WR's are going to probably hurt us more than help us from what I glean from this report.
      I hope not, but this news isn't encouraging.
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny. Great info.
      VirginiaCat -
      Better to suck in spring than in fall...Put them in front of the jugs machine catching tennis balls all summer!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
      The WR's not catching the ball has been a problem for Kentucky for the last several years. It sounds like the WR's will once again be a weakness. These WR's are going to probably hurt us more than help us from what I glean from this report.
      I hope not, but this news isn't encouraging.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post