Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Nice Dakari Johnson Video: "I'm A Center"

link:

Darryl
    Comments 7 Comments
      Kacat -
      I absolutely love this kid. It's almost as if he is an afterthought given the talent. But KY will not have to worry about being pushed around with DJ on the court. He is also the perfect 5 for Cal. Rebound and get put back points and dunks.
      cattails -
      Thx Darryl enjoyed that.
      Darryl -
      KA, he is what I call an old time center. A bit below the rim, but so was Unseld, Moses Malone, etc. DJ is extremely bright, will be a great teammate, and
      wants to own the paint.

Like you say, I love me some Dakari.

Darryl
      Doc -
      Nice video. First time I watched him, he was in 8th grade. Didn't play at all but impressive to be on a team that was playing.

He is a classic post player. I get sick of seeing centers who want to "step out" and shoot the three all the time. IMO god made you 7 foot for a reason (and D. Johnson is listed at 6-10, don't believe it as he is taller and longer) and that was to hit the glass and play around the rim. He uses his body very well and is a rebounding machine.
      Kacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      KA, he is what I call an old time center. A bit below the rim, but so was Unseld, Moses Malone, etc. DJ is extremely bright, will be a great teammate, and
      wants to own the paint.

Like you say, I love me some Dakari.

Darryl

Yep, and I'm old so like like that traditional center role. I think this kid can be a beast. We won't run our offense through him of course but how many other teams will have a kid like this to match up with DJ.
      CitizenBBN -
      Wow, a big man who wants to be a big man and take advantage of his natural ability instead of dreaming of being a point guard.

Doc everything you said x 2. Why would you negate your God given strengths as a player? You're big enough and strong enough to go dunk on people, you know how many 6' nothing guards would give their eye teeth to have that gift? Go dunk on their heads, own the paint.

This is going to be a very special group.
      suncat05 -
      Our next team is going to be sooooooo much different from this year's past team.........AND BETTER........WAY BETTER!
  • KSR Twitter Feed