Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Friday Ad in the Kernel

Comments 11 Comments
      LakeCat -
      Great ad!!! These kids ( and I emphasize kids) have done nothing to embarass our university. Didn't win like we wanted, but each of them should be welcomed back with open arms by the fan base if they are cool with Cal having them back.
      badrose -
      MickintheHam -
      Does anyone know the guy who signed??? Was he on the track team at UK decades ago?

I believe I used to know him.
      Darrell KSR -
      Oh gosh--I was scared to death to open this thread and read it.

Thanks so much. That made my day. What a great, great gesture.
      pdb -
      Great ad. I continue to be surprised by the number of comments on this forum from people who think the players should leave or don't care if the players do leave after this year....generally because the players haven't lived up to expectations or will be playing behind next year's freshmen. The landscape has really changed when fans are ready to let go of players after one year because the players did not meet expectations.
      dan_bgblue -
      pdb, I am not sure it has changed that much. Do you remember plenty of fans wanting Josh Carrier, Carlos Toomer, Irving Thomas, Marvin Stone, etc gone after their freshman seasons? Some of those were before message boards, but the barbershop and water cooler talk was none the less damning of those former players.
      pdb -
      Don't disagree Dan....but the difference I see is that we are now talking about 5* players....many of which, I think, have potential to be very good next year or the year after. Maybe the guys you mention were 4* players but I don't think that many of them, other than Marvin Stone had such potential.
      uklandrn -
      Thank goodness the ad was nice. I would have thrown up if it had been some sort of attack.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
      Thank goodness the ad was nice. I would have thrown up if it had been some sort of attack.
      The Willard I knew was a good ol boy from down near Somerset. I would be shocked if he said anything negative about the University, its students or players.
      jazyd -
      gets one emotional, and a great ad, wish we had all thought of that. Anyway any one here could run an ad for us, I would pitch in.
      They are still our kids, our Cats, kept their noses clean, got good grades, never embarrassed the school. Just didn't win like we are used to under Cal, but better than BCG and same as Tubby.
      Padukacat -
      Do you guys realize that despite this being a great gesture it was also written in response to willies tweet, and likely is meant to let them know all fans arent crazy. May also have a hint of setting them straight on who this fanbase is and letting them know that despite a few critical wors they get, they need to appreciate all the love they get too and recognize that as well.
  • KSR Twitter Feed