Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Donovan on UK-Florida rivalry

“One thing I’ve always said is that being at Kentucky for a five-year period and finding out a lot more about their history and their tradition, they’ve set the bar, so to speak. Their program has been in this league a long time. I think every school in this conference looks at Kentucky as being the program to try to become. Obviously, it’s hard to do because they’ve done it for such a long period of time, not just here recently. I think it’s great having them in our league. I think that’s been terrific because it certainly draws a lot of attention to our league. Since John (Calipari) has been there, he’s done a terrific job. I think Tubby (Smith) did a great job. Coach (Rick) Pitino did a great job. Eddie Sutton, the list goes on and on with the coaches that have been there and the jobs they have done. I think that’s a great thing for us to be able to constantly try to strive and achieve towards. But that’s really, in a lot of ways, a lifetime of trying to achieve something like that because they’ve done it longer than maybe anybody else in the country or in college basketball for that matter.”
    Comments 5 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      He could have thrown a bone to Joe B.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      He could have thrown a bone to Joe B.
      He may not be old enough to remember.
      Critter -
      He had to move on with the sentence once he got to Eddie so he couldn't mention to Joe B.

He did skip over one coach in that lineage.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      He may not be old enough to remember.
      I believe it is because Joe B had as many final four appearances and as many Championships as slick.
      dan_bgblue -
      No doubt your reason is better than my poor attempt at humor.
  • KSR Twitter Feed